Alanis Morissette "Such Pretty Forks in the Road" - Comment + Stream

23 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not to mention the wrong grammar however :eheeek: "Such Pretty Forks on the Road!" would have been more grammatically and punctualy correct title and i wouldve probably liked it more :shameless:

What are you talking about? The expression is "there's a fork in the road". She's not driving over a literal fork on the road. She's coming to a fork in the road. However, your post is full of grammatical AND spelling errors. :mhm:

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Robin said:

I really like this album, have always been a fan of her.

For those of you who thinks her music is to slow, check out the club banging F9 remix of "smiling". 

waiting for tonight dancing GIF

The album is honestly in my top 3 Alanis albums now! The songs are slower, yes, but the lyrical content and melody’s are some of her best she’s ever done.

• Love 1
On 7/31/2020 at 8:25 AM, Corso said:

Here’s my overall verdict on the album, after a few listens.

Alanis expressed that she had “been wanting to make a ‘piano record’ forever,” and with this album I feel she’s definitely done that.

Smiling
A truly stunning album opener, beautifully vulnerable. One of my favourite songs that Alanis has ever released. 10/10

Ablaze
A soft, pop-rock vibe to this one. Alanis talking to her children, professing her hopes for them. It’s a sweet track, not one of my faves, but a solid 7/10.

Reasons I Drink
One of her best songs ever! I can see why this was picked as the lead. Such a bop with great lyrics, exploring addiction of all sorts. Honestly love this one. 10/10

Diagnosis
A stark piano lead track that really delves into what it feels like to suffer from depression. Alanis vocal on this track is so raw and emotional. 7/10

Missing the Miracle
Nice lyrics, not an immediate favourite but it might grow on me. 5/10

Losing the Plot
Really interesting track that starts off quite slow but really picks up in the second half and builds nicely toward the end. I really, really enjoyed it! 8/10

Reckoning
Love this one. A beautifully bitter song that explores the violation and betrayal she felt after her former business manager was convicted of stealing millions from her. Another new favourite - 9/10

Sandbox Love
Quite a nice melody, a little bit more upbeat, I love the chorus, describes how awkward and scary love can be. A nice 7/10 for this one. 

Her
A heavy song, but I enjoyed it. Lovely piano melody, but not one of my favourites, might be a grower. 6/10 

Nemesis
A pulsing drum like a heartbeat drives this deliciously dark song. I love her voice on this one too. It picks up and is almost like a dance track by the end with a guitar riff that sounds like something straight out of a spaghetti western. I really, really like this one. 9/10

Pedestal
Not one of my favourites, but a lovely soothing track. Alanis talks about her insecurities here and it’s a very vulnerable, revealing song. Not bad at all 7/10

Overall, I really liked it and I think her songwriting really shines in the record. A nice return to form for Alanis, I feel.

My Collectors Box arrived this morning and I’m in love with it. Especially the mug.

08D0FE8A-A2ED-49A1-B884-ACA3D2B3C217.jpeg.0d7d9cb4ce9d26d2e48e751cd4171101.jpeg

What do you all think of the album?

love these track-by-track reviews. I give the album a 7-8 (and Im a fan, have tickets to see her, rescheduled for next year), but i give this review a 10!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, JSDSandiego said:

love these track-by-track reviews. I give the album a 7-8 (and Im a fan, have tickets to see her, rescheduled for next year), but i give this review a 10!

Aww thanks for the comments on my review :makeitrain:

I also have tickets to see her in 2021. I got Gold VIP tickets which come with a premium seat and merch package! I’ve never paid for premium tickets for anyone before so I’m super excited!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block