We're never getting Rebellion says late producer's old friend

1 hour ago, ovoxo said:

Did you just tell me “hater shut up” :ohwut: girl relax, I love the song and the message, I’m just saying we have a majority of the song already. I rather get something completely unreleased from that era, or something brand new and original (independent) from Britney’s at-home studio. 

this is what I meant by our fan base can be intense :ehidk:

You’re hot tho :tiffdrink:

Just now, PrettyGorl said:

At this point tho guys there's no way the song could live up to all this hype so maybe it is best left as a funny meme for our community.

Unless there's a finished version, the demo isn't that amazing. 

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s a bop or a particularly good song, I think it’s hearing the lyrics/hearing the rest of the production ya know

• Like 1

I'm starting to believe the song was never finished. :nochillbrit: I think she was writing poetry at the time to release her feelings and decided to put it to a melody in the studio on a whim.

It reminds me of Rihanna's "Birthday Cake" song, the original interlude/snippet that appeared on her "Talk That Talk" album. According to The-Dream, the song's producer, that's all the track ever was. It was unfinished but Rihanna still wanted it on the album. :riha: The-Dream said he knew the fans were going to be upset the song wasn't full but she didn't care. Eventually Ri' went back in the studio and worked up the remix/finished version we now have w/ her ex Chris  Brown.

I think over the years Rebellion has amassed cult status and is the ultimate song in Britney mythology. The story of Rebellion changes every 5 years. Who had it, who produced it, fake lyrics pop up, the little leaks we got have been fused and looped together so many times it's so chaotic :tongueney: it's a complete tall tale at this point.

Do I wanna hear a legitimate complete version of Rebellion? Of course! but lets talk hard truths... what if there isn't one? :calculating:

We need to start a new challenge. The next person who actually gets to talk to Britney directly needs to straight up ask are we every going to hear a full version of Rebellion? (videos or it didn't happen) :cheese:

• Love 1