Billie Eilish - "my future" (song)

Billie Eilish released her new song "my future." 

In true Billie style, the track is dreamy, breathy and gorgeous. The first half of "my future" is nearly sans-production before picking up with a subdued beat and ethereal background vocals. 

“We wrote this at the very beginning of quarantine,” she says of the song. “It’s a song that’s really, really personal and special to me. When we wrote this song, it was exactly where my head was at — hopeful, excited and a crazy amount of self-reflection and self-growth. But recently it has also taken on a lot of new meaning in the context of what’s happening in the world now. I hope you can all find meaning in it for yourselves.” 

She adds: “The future feels uncertain and crazy right now,, but i think we need to be ready to put the work in, and if we do that, we should be hopeful and excited for our future. I have to keep reminding myself that the future is ours, and I know we want to do everything we can to make it better for everyone in the world, and for the world itself. We need keep ourselves educated and aware of what is going on around us. we need to keep looking forward. We need to keep fighting for what we know is right. We need to vote. We need to take care of the earth. We need to fight for all Black lives. And we need to just. be. better. It’s up to us to change things now. Not only for us, but for future generations. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Wear a mask. Drink water. Stay hopeful.”

Listen below. Thoughts, Exhale?

billie-red.jpg.cc2e027125bb82b7323fd57b1c6caa74.jpg

• Love 9

AHHHHHHHH DUEUSHBEEGWGWYDHEUJW :blast:

What if it’s a full-fledged awesome super duper amazing talented iconic album? :dead::praisega:

my stan self cannot bear this :yasqueen:

Pls be a single or album, EEK!:OMGney: 

Billie coming for her own OIDA era, suwxhehhex :orangu::omggg: 

Spoiler

On the other note, i hope she proves her haters wrong and sings in a higher and more loud register with slaying vocals to slay them all :ari: 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Style. said:

I seem the only one who’s not into her music. The only thing I loved from her was Everything I Wanted. Am I missing something? 
giphy.gif

That’s fine. Her music is not everyone’s cup of tea, because we all have our idea for what we see in her music. I think everything i wanted is her own toxic, because even people who don’t like her love that song.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Towelney said:

You don’t like lovely? :hideous:

Maybe Billie also has the Britney curse :yaknow: Like, even if people like some of Britney’s songs, they don’t acknowledge them. They just approve Toxic or BOMT and be like “I don’t know any of her songs lol why would I”  :cackling: It’s the same with Billie. “Man, do you really like Billie Eilish? I only listened to this one track” :sofedup:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, 10pm24 said:

Maybe Billie also has the Britney curse :yaknow: Like, even if people like some of Britney’s songs, they don’t acknowledge them. They just approve Toxic or BOMT and be like “I don’t know any of her songs lol why would I”  :cackling: It’s the same with Billie. “Man, do you really like Billie Eilish? I only listened to this one track” :sofedup:

They’ll find taste one day :walkoff:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block