Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 24]

Roxxy

1 hour ago, JSDSandiego said:

Love the Marina selections :yeahhh:

Lead Singer, Beth Ditto has such an under-appreciated voice and this lyrics match the theme so perfectly:

One step closer, I'm feeling fine
Getting better one day at a time
I'm moving forward with all of my might
I'm headed toward a new state of mind

High school times for me!!!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lukas1896 said:

My pick for today would be: Madonna - Human Nature :kylie::iwin::staysalty::tysm:

I had so many low points in my life, when I was drowning in regrets, feeling like I'm not good enough, like I'm not cool enough, like I'm not brave enough, like I'm not strong enough, feeling that nobody likes me, just feeling like a a loser, and like a complete nobody. And I would listen to Human Nature on repeat (especially the live version from the Sticky & Sweet Tour :mcry:) and reassuring myself that everything happens for a reason and that everyone makes mistakes! :schoolingtime: And if someone stopped responding to me just because I told them honestly how I felt about certain things - that's not my fault! :angietea: and if someone got mad at me just because I asked them why would they lie to me - it's not my fault :reductive:"I'm not their *****!" :mcry: thanks to this song I stopped regretting so hard my broken heart moments, my low-feeling periods in life, my breakdowns etc. because it's all just a part of HUMAN NATURE! :meryl::blast: and we are ALL just human beings. Honestly Madonna did THAT with this song :kylie: and that performance with Britney on Sticky & Sweet Tour? and Madonna screaming that Britney is not "your *****!"? ICONIC. :kylie:

+ my honorable mentions: I'm Not A Girl, Gimme More and Circus - by our queen Britney :mcry::imcute:

OMG Lukey you snapped. :omggg: I love this for you and always know that I love you and support you always! I'm rooting for you! :hugs:

btw, which one are you submitting. The Sticky & Sweet version or the original version? :barbie:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

So I know Britney answers are kind of "cheating," but I thought a lot about this. A lot of songs that I listen to during transitions in my life are usually more melancholic and reflecting back on the good times I had. Even if I am looking forward to the future, I like to try to stay and reflect in the era that I'm in while I can. So, a lot of the songs I had in mind were counterintuitive to the theme of the day, since they only made me want to stay where I was in life instead of progressing. The only song that I could think of that empowered me, connected to me on a deep level, and wasn't overly cheesy or cliche was Stronger by Pop Princess Britney Spears. 

How could I not accept this after telling that beautiful story. I got a little emotional. Thank you for baring your soul and opening up like that. I really appreciate it. :crying4:

• Love 1

Good evening beautiful exhalers and those who don't identify as that! :chrissy: @Roxxy Such a tough task. Choosing only one song that helps me to move forward in life is so haaaaaaaaard for me. :crying1: There are to many of those, I could have gone with all Gagas, Xtinas, MARINAS, Jessie Js, Britneys, P!nks and many more. However, if I am not mistaken purpose of this challenge is to get to know one another a lot more. Therefore I decided to choose a foreign artist none of you know. :jj: Let me present one of the most kind-hearted, talented and brilliant local artists. 

Y'all won't understand the language so you can either google the translation of the song yourself or I can do it for y'all since its my mother language (feel free to ask). :bigkiss: Honorable mention: Kesha — Praying :kesha: that song hits different and fits this theme soooo much :mcry:

edit: Okay, I've just realised I did not write why this song, long story short → There were pretty wild, disturbing times in my childhood so I've been 'fighting' for almost whole life. This song reminded me that there are people who love me, accept me, who are checking on me and they are the worthy ones. It reminded me that even the difficult time are good for something, so I can evolve into even more groundbreaking, bad-***, sassy boss-*** young gentleman. :crying1:

'every bad thing has a good side'

• Love 1

Thank you all for making an effort to write just a little / write why you chose your entries. I really, really appreciate it. You have no idea. :crying1:

And you guys are gonna be stumped with tomorrow's theme. :urite:

I will be strict with the rules and y'all have to follow it. :tiffdrink:

Like i said, I will make things harder on our last few episodes. :mattafact:

• Haha 1