Besides your own, what is your favorite country, and why?

With recent events and finding out the US is banned from travel in many countries, I started reminiscing about traveling and hoping we’re able to resume once the virus is more controlled. So I’m wondering what everyone’s favorite country besides their own is. It can be a country you’ve visited, read about, or on your travel list. I know that not everyone has had the chance to travel, but I’m hoping you all share at least a country you’d like to go to or just your favorite country in general besides the one you live in. 

I live in the United States but have always been fond of visiting other places. I enjoy learning about other cultures and seeing historical locations I’ve seen on media and read about. I’ve been to several countries, but my favorite so far has been Portugal. I went to Lisbon and Sintra (town and municipality in the Greater Lisbon region). The people were friendly everywhere you went, the food was terrific, and the sights were truly remarkable. My favorite places I went to were the Pena National Palace, Belém Tower, Jerónimos Monastery, Castelo de S. Jorge, and the Time Out Market Lisbon. No words can describe how breathtaking these historical locations are, and I always love finding Time Out Markets wherever I go because the food is always A+. 

5b8d57a464dce81d008b5834?width=1100&form

Belem-Tower-Lisbon-Portugal-evening-blueklooster-mosteiro-dos-jeronimos-belem-li307E3EE500000578-0-image-a-1_14535475861image.jpg

So besides your own, what is your favorite country and why? :pumped:
5ab1339389188d2c008b4bff?width=1100&form

1473020397_images-2020-07-19T233720_291.jpeg.3531c76f5f1c81b3d22db81a755cbbce.jpeg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Love 9

Japan and Singapore. I love how everybody is so disciplined. But Japan is probably my favorite. You can buy everything in Japan. And I mean, everything. :donewithit:

I've never been to Paris and I would love to. I'm not into seeing like nature and stuff. I like to see structures and shopping, but I would love to see the northern lights. :makeitrain:

• Love 9

I love Japan! When I was in 5th grade, I had a major obsession over it!:haha:
Its such a beautiful and enchanting place, because the not only because of the amazing food and people, but because of its iconic and fantastic culture and is like a super aesthetic country :makeitrain:. The city of Tokyo and Osaka are seriously beautiful and I have always wanted to visit Japan despite the high risk of earthquakes and tsunamis.:ahhhhh:

Its amazing how the country manages after a huge earthquake and tsunami like the 2011 one, to re-build all the broken homes and areas so quickly, and it does their seem like they do have a good government.:yaknow:

Plus, let’s not talk about the delicious and mouth-watering appetizers and dishes the country has to give :indulge: Sushi, ramen, Onigiri, bento boxes, yakitori :tear:

Also, not to mention that it’s the leading country in technology and is SO ahead of its time. We r legit living in 2020 but dem be living in 2045 :hillary: For example:-

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I don't even like my own country, so the first part of that sentence felt redundant. :weusay: Anyway, I've traveled a lot, but my favorite is probably Ireland. I went there for an exchange program. I loved the accent, I loved the people (everyone on the streets was super friendly and nice), I absolutely LOVED Dublin, and the little suburbs around Dublin were so freakin' charming and cozy. The people in Dublin were so diverse too. Also, I remember walking out of a Primark and walking down this pedestrian street, and I lowkey started tearing up. Idk, I was just pleasantly overwhelmed by the beauty of the city at night, the rain, the amount of people around me and the music I was listening to. It made me think about how big the world is, and I teared up. :kylie: Outside of countries that I've been to, it's definitely the US. It has always been my dream to move to an English speaking country, and the US just feels like the perfect mixture of huge, sprawling cities and mesmerizing nature. The US is such a mess, but I've always subscribed to the American Dream despite all its flaws. I lowkey want to spend my 20s and early 30s in New York or something and then spend the rest of my life in the countryside among rednecks. :brit2016:

Ireland has been on my list forever! Can’t wait until I can travel again :crying3:

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Japan and Singapore. I love how everybody is so disciplined. But Japan is probably my favorite. You can buy everything in Japan. And I mean, everything. :donewithit:

I've never been to Paris and I would love to. I'm not into seeing like nature and stuff. I like to see structures and shopping, but I would love to see the northern lights. :makeitrain:

My sister got engaged in Japan and she loved it! Another country on my bucket list :mcry:

• Love 4

My country is not my favourite for sure. :haha:So i am going to say 2 countries Spain and Greece. I like Spain for siestas and beatiful museums and other historical places. Greece for its beautiful landscapes. I wish i could live near the sea. I also heard nice things about Canada but i've never been there.

• Love 3
  • Content Curators

Despite the tension that’s here in the US and the obvious problems needed to worked on I do thank god that I was privileged enough to live in the US. There are many countries where children suffer everyday and have 1/10th of the resources I was able to receive, just cause I don’t like the current leaders or the racial tension going on doesn’t make me hate the us. There are a lot of beautiful places here that I have visited like California, places in Florida, Yellowstone, cape cod (I live 30 mins away)

that being said I do have an extreme admiration for European countries like Italy and Germany due to my love for culture and history 

I also LOVE India and really love visiting India to see my family and look at the rich culture and all 

I really miss my cousins 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Where have you traveled to? What’s your favorite place/state besides your own? :kylie:

I went to Canada for NYE. :) I also went on 2 cruises for my birthdays, one in the Southern Caribbean and the other in the Eastern Caribbean.

If I include states, I’ve gone to New York. I’d love to see the Grand Canyon. :)

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, zenden said:

My country is not my favourite for sure. :haha:So i am going to say 2 countries Spain and Greece. I like Spain for siestas and beatiful museums and other historical places. Greece for its beautiful landscapes. I wish i could live near the sea. I also heard nice things about Canada but i've never been there.

I loved Spain and want to go back. I was only able to go to Barcelona, but there are so many other cities I want to visit. Where did you go? I want to go to Madrid, Seville, and Granada next! Canada is beautiful! I went to Montréal earlier this year before the virus spread in North America and it reminded me of France. Great location 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I love Japan! When I was in 5th grade, I had a major obsession over it!:haha:
Its such a beautiful and enchanting place, because the not only because of the amazing food and people, but because of its iconic and fantastic culture and is like a super aesthetic country :makeitrain:. The city of Tokyo and Osaka are seriously beautiful and I have always wanted to visit Japan despite the high risk of earthquakes and tsunamis.:ahhhhh:

Its amazing how the country manages after a huge earthquake and tsunami like the 2011 one, to re-build all the broken homes and areas so quickly, and it does their seem like they do have a good government.:yaknow:

Plus, let’s not talk about the delicious and mouth-watering appetizers and dishes the country has to give :indulge: Sushi, ramen, Onigiri, bento boxes, yakitori :tear:

Also, not to mention that it’s the leading country in technology and is SO ahead of its time. We r legit living in 2020 but dem be living in 2045 :hillary: For example:-

What’s that Starbucks drink?!? :gloriascary:

I need it! :gloriascary:

• Haha 3
17 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I went to Canada for NYE. :) I also went on 2 cruises for my birthdays, one in the Southern Caribbean and the other in the Eastern Caribbean.

If I include states, I’ve gone to New York. I’d love to see the Grand Canyon. :)

So you have traveled :haha: I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise, but now I don’t know if I’d be down to get stuck on one :gloriascary:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Italy is #1 on my bucket list. The architecture, the history, the food, the wine, are just some of the many reasons I want to visit. I’m mostly Italian and would love to learn more about my heritage. Every picture I’ve ever seen is truly breathtaking. Hopefully I can start planning once all of this is over 

Same, same, same. I would love to go to Italy. :lessons:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block