Lana Del Rey’s first poetry audiobook released today: "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass"

Lana Del Rey just released her first poetry book /audiobook today, Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. Only the audiobook was released today, which features 14 of the 30 poems that will released on hardback September 29. The audiobook is spoken by Lana and features production assistance by Jack Antonoff, the producer of Lana’s most recent album Norman ******* Rockwell, as well as Taylor Swift’s folklore.

lana-del-rey-violet-bent-backwards-over-

Lana said about the book:

“'Violet Bent Backwards over the Grass' is the title poem of the book and the first poem I wrote of many. Some of which came to me in their entirety, which I dictated and then typed out, and some that I worked laboriously picking apart each word to make the perfect poem. They are eclectic and honest and not trying to be anything other than what they are and for that reason I’m proud of them, especially because the spirit in which they were written was very authentic.”

You can find the audiobook on Apple Books, Audible, and Lana’s Website.

Lana Del Rey’s next album, Chemtrails Over the Country Club, will be out September 5 and her next poetry book, behind the iron gates - insights from an institution, is expected March 2021.

Have any of you listened to the audiobook yet? Thoughts? If not, are you interested in listening to it?

violet.jpg.0183a8b4114c95512aee3fc714b7f047.jpg

• Love 2

Lana del Rey is hitting #1 with her very first book of poetry "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass".

We're going to listen her voice and Jack Antonoff music in her very first word album on July 28th. And then, she's giving us the hard cover book on September 29th, and then on October 2nd the CD and Vinyl versions. All the money raised goes for the Navajo Project: The Navajo Water Project is Indigenous-led, and registered as an official enterprise on the Navajo Nation. Their work creates meaningful, high-paying jobs, many with benefits like 100% employer-paid health coverage.

Still to come... Chemtrails Over the Country Club (her new album). She said is gonna be out on September 5th.

The Queen is giving!

• Love 2
  • Leader
11 minutes ago, Ultraviolent said:

Lana del Rey is hitting #1 with her very first book of poetry "Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass".

We're going to listen her voice and Jack Antonoff music in her very first word album on July 28th. And then, she's giving us the hard cover book on September 29th, and then on October 2nd the CD and Vinyl versions. All the money raised goes for the Navajo Project: The Navajo Water Project is Indigenous-led, and registered as an official enterprise on the Navajo Nation. Their work creates meaningful, high-paying jobs, many with benefits like 100% employer-paid health coverage.

Still to come... Chemtrails Over the Country Club (her new album). She said is gonna be out on September 5th.

The Queen is giving!

Thank you for posting! I merged it into the topic created a few hours ago @Ultraviolent 🙏 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block