Exhale 30 Day Song Challenge [DAY 8]

Roxxy

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I'd like to take this opportunity give a shout out to our dear @Mattyj7883 who turns a year older today! :wonka:

My age wasn’t mentioned but I guess my song choice will reveal my age.  Hahaha.

So this was the number one song April 23, 1983, kicking Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” from the number one spot.  I love this song and figured I’d include the Popup Video version for a little nostalgia.

Spoiler

This song was actually number one the day after I was born on July 9, 1983.  Another good song but I like the former a bit more.

1 hour ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I'll have to make him some dinner first and then put him to bed. The fun could wait, my pony. :imacat::decisions:

41 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

So are you really gonna break up with your girlfriend? I'm bored. :imacat:

What is this? :tina: explain yourselves :tina:

2 hours ago, Itachi said:

was born in the 90s and i know there is at least one Mariah hit per year that decade

keeping up with that energy, my contribution is: 

oh my gosh some of you guys are babies 😮😄(who am i to speak, i was on exhale as a 12 year old) and some of you guys are so old (maybe not that old sorry, everyone older than me is "so old")!!! Lol what a diverse group :walkonby:

side note, yesterday and before yesterdays playlists are amazing :madance:

There is very little music I listen to that was released before 2003, so it took a while to find a song I knew and liked :awkblink: 

I didn't want to do BOMT bc that's too obvious. Look at me being iconic and being born the year Britney debuted though :jj:

Some of you are making me feel really old with your choices lol. :gloriascary:

I have no idea of music prior to 1999. The first song that I really remember getting into for the 1st time was Baby One More Time. 

So I had to do some sort of homework for this. I went to Billboard.com and searched for the song that topped the chart the last week of April 1988 (I was born April 25 1988 phew old)

So here it is. "Where do broken hearts go" by Whitney Houston. A Billboard Hot 100 hit on April 1988

Archived