Taylor Swift calls out the US Census for excluding transgender and nonbinary people

• Leader

swift-census.jpg.e42dc3fa0336ac4406df6c07452320c1.jpg

Taylor Swift put the US census on blast for excluding transgender and non-binary people. 

Swift spoke up on this and other important LGBTQ issues on Pride Live’s Stonewall Day livestream event.

“We had a really good step forward recently with the Supreme Court ruling based on discrimination, based on ***. But we still have so far to go in terms of equality and protections for LGBTQ people and people in the trans community,’ Swift said.

Though congress has not yet passed the bill for the Equality Act, Swift says “it needs to happen.”

She also disapproves of the US Census leaving off two important groups.

“I got my Census the other day and there were two choices for gender. There was male and female and that erasure was so upsetting to me, the erasure of transgender and nonbinary people. When you don’t collect information on a group of people, that means that you have every excuse in the world not to support them. When you don’t collect data on a community, that’s a really, really brutal way of dismissing them.”

She added: “Obviously, we all need to exercise our right to vote this year. We need to check out our absentee ballot policy in our states and we need to make sure that we elect people who care about all communities.”

Do you agree with Taylor? 

Related:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

we are in the middle of a pandemic and a lot people are dying and others are  jobless and this ***** think about these bull****? :nyheadache:

if you have a **** you are a man, if you have a p*ssy you are a woman, it's called biology :lessons:

Just because the world is struggling right now doesn't mean that it's okay to exclude or diminish people. With all of the societal upheaval and focus on purging injustices in society right now, I'm surprised you wouldn't understand that. I'm disappointed to see this comment. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

we are in the middle of a pandemic and a lot people are dying and others are  jobless and this ***** think about these bull****? 

if you have a **** you are a man, if you have a p*ssy you are a woman, it's called biology

:fakewow:

I am sooo disappointed to see this comment. I didn't know you are capable of much more than racist Asian remarks.

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
15 minutes ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

DISGUSTING. how dare you say this? Trans people are very ******* important and an integral part of the LGBTQ movement. They deserve the same rights and humanity as anyone else. 

Lmfao gay people are too comfortable these days talking as if they didn’t have rights like 6 years ago 

like Chile it’s always been LGBT+
:clownery:

Come on guys, in the future will be create the new laws , they should be what you identify more because ITS JUST A STUDY , without excluding anyone, just ask do you feel woman or man? thats it

We have a lotttttttt of things happen to separate more the census , we need to stay UNITED!!! 

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

hey @vzlafan i see you just liked a disgusting transphobic comment above. I suggest you watch this film and stop being a hateful person as well. 

I am disgusted.

That same person replied in a thread about a victim of assault and said “here come the a ****** girls I think he was doing you a favor” so :tired:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

we are in the middle of a pandemic and a lot people are dying and others are  jobless and this ***** think about these bull****? :nyheadache:

if you have a **** you are a man, if you have a p*ssy you are a woman, it's called biology :lessons:

Couldn’t u use the same argument to say: “gay people aren’t natural a man and a woman are made to reproduce 

its called biology”

I mean this is just... come on :jeanluc:

18 minutes ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

hey @vzlafan i see you just liked a disgusting transphobic comment above. I suggest you watch this film and stop being a hateful person as well. 

I am disgusted.

i Don't care each other are transphobic or not, Im NOT TRANSPHOBIC. Just Liked the comment that right now they are other priorities, create laws, reprinting, publishing MEANS STATE MONEY, that right now they are people on serial crisis. When we get out of this its ok to create new laws to sectorize other genres. 

first at ALL, EQUALITY, why forget we are just humans and its just a census , ITS NOT OK TO EXCLUDE, you just need to choose what you convince more if you are female or male, i don't know the first trans to get alien, ALL WE ARE male or female. in the FUTURE

18 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

That same person replied in a thread about a victim of assault and said “here come the a ****** girls I think he was doing you a favor” so :tired:

That girl case is a LIE, with no proves, Right now there's a lot of artist involved in fake abuse cases 

17 minutes ago, deadcrocodiletears said:

:nydisgust: where do these hateful statements come from and how do their verbalizers all manage to find this site.... i wanna know

Why you are so disrespectful? you are not looking for equality or just looking FIGHTS?

• Content Curators
Just now, vzlafan said:

i Don't care each other are transphobic or not, Im NOT TRANSPHOBIC. Just Liked the comment that right now they are other priorities, create laws, reprinting, publishing MEANS STATE MONEY, that right now they are people on serial crisis. When we get out of this its ok to create new laws to sectorize other genres. 

first at ALL, EQUALITY, why forget we are just humans and its just a census , ITS NOT OK TO EXCLUDE, you just need to choose what you convince more if you are female or male, i don't know the first trans to get alien, ALL WE ARE male or female. in the FUTURE

That girl case is a LIE, with no proves, Right now there's a lot of artist involved in fake abuse cases 

Why you are so disrespectful? you are not looking for equality or just looking FIGHTS?

That girl just came back with more proof about that night 

don’t trust everything u read from a celeb

also regardless that comment is still gross 

5 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

That girl just came back with more proof about that night 

don’t trust everything u read from a celeb

also regardless that comment is still gross 

ok the comment from the girl i do it i recognize it was gross, but was specific in that case, my opinion is because i got one friend that really was abused and got pregnant and changed her whole life, it was 15 years ago , no cellphones, no social feeds.

So im MAD with the people who got the choice to decide to escape or live it, there's a lot of campaigns , a lot of improvements that talk about that in that moment would be another history, and also they are recent cases faking their abuses. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block