Lady Gaga: all music is black music

28 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Because classical music doesn't exist or anything...

I love Gaga, but I really hate when she gets into these pandering phases. It feels opportunistic and it's not a good look.

I mean, isn't her whole career based on pandering? She's pandered to the gays since like 2007, and now she's pandering to BLM. Not that I'm against it though because even if you believe she's being fake about it, she's at least bringing about some positivity and awareness.

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I mean, isn't her whole career based on pandering? She's pandered to the gays since like 2007, and now she's pandering to BLM. Not that I'm against it though because even if you believe she's being fake about it, she's at least bringing about some positivity and awareness.

I don't necessarily think she's being entirely fake about it (or her blatant gay pandering back in the day) but she definitely sees the career advantages in it, which makes it all feel a little gross.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

How is it a racist claim?

Mexican music is Mexican. Arabic music is Arabic. They have nothing to do with Black music.

i am fed up with the sudden blackwashing of everything. BLM is something and Black Supremacy is something else but I guess people are too blind to see. 

• Like 2

thank you Gaga for cultural appropriation :jl:

& who do you call by Black? do you even know one single country from Africa and its music? 'Black music' lmao sure, Ethiopian music = Rwanda music = Zimbabwe music :overitkbye: people tends to forget that Afro-Americans aren't the only black persons in the world :jl: and that American music isn't the only music in the world :jl:

17 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I detect no lies. If anyone is confused, do some research on Elvis and his music 

:umok:

I didn't know that music started in the 20th century in the US :miley:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, conceptuel said:

thank you Gaga for cultural appropriation :jl:

& who do you call by Black? do you even know one single country from Africa and its music? 'Black music' lmao sure, Ethiopian music = Rwanda music = Zimbabwe music :overitkbye: people tends to forget that Afro-Americans aren't the only black persons in the world :jl: and that American music isn't the only music in the world :jl:

I didn't know that music started in the 20th century in the US :miley:

I didn’t say Elvis created music. I said as an example, research how Elvis got his sound. Via cultural appropriation of the black community. Do your research before tagging me 

you > :imok: me > :begone:

3 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

I didn’t say Elvis creates music. I said as an example, research how Elvis got his sound. Via cultural appropriation of the black community. Do your research before tagging me 

you > :imok: me > :begone:

gaga: "all music is black music"

you: "I detect no lies" + you use one example to illustrate one rule, this is one extreme induction you just did

you don't wear pretty well your username :weusay:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

gaga: "all music is black music"

you: "I detect no lies" + you use one example to illustrate one rule, this is one extreme induction you just did

you don't wear pretty well your username :weusay:

You want a reaction, but you’re not going to get one 

cmt GIF by Sun Records

6 hours ago, bas che said:

Mexican music is Mexican. Arabic music is Arabic. They have nothing to do with Black music.

i am fed up with the sudden blackwashing of everything. BLM is something and Black Supremacy is something else but I guess people are too blind to see. 

Black washing? Black supremacy? Are you actually ****ting me? 

• Like 1

simon cowell facepalm GIF

So is Irish Music Black?, Scottish?, Celtic?, Eastern European?

Like its a reach, YES black culture has been a major influence in certain music scenes. RNB, HipHop, Rap, are all based in Black culture. But Gaga that isn't all music. Educate yourself, cause your half spanish/italian, you telling me your ancestors were creating black music?

I hate when celebritys say stupid **** like this, because it makes those of us with sense look racist and thats just not the case.

Music wouldnt be like it is without black culture - YES hands down. All music is black - NO go educate yourself Gaga cause you look a damn fool.

"Music" IMO has no color people should enjoy it irregardless of race, why do we need to label ****.....

- Alestaos

12 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

All the racist gays in this thread are mad pressed... :haha:

#DontCareAboutYourWhiteTears

#AntiRacist

#BlackLivesMatter 

#BlackCreativesMatter

You do realize racism isn't just about the color of skin racism? Racism can be appropriation of cultures, like what tragically happens with black culture, BUT Gaga saying ALL Music is Black, isn't that appropriating music of different cultures such as Celtic music (Irish, Scottish), Germanic, Icelandic, etc to fit her narrative as well?

Its tragic what happens against people of color, but i myself a White dude have had racism against me because i don't live where i was born. People have told me to "go back to my country", "why are you here, go back to your own", "we dont want your kind here".  Does that invalidate what has happened to me and countless others because its not so wide spread?

Your arguement is on the basis of people who dislike her calling there countries music "Black" when it may have deeper relations. Take Irish music for example, Irish music dates back to the Celts and Vikings, Along Side How the Tribes would communicate with eachother. And i am sorry to say my dude they werent black.

So Gaga has approiated that "music styling" by calling it Black complete ignoring the actual history and culture behind it.

I would agree if she said "Music has no colour" or "Music has no Race" cause it doesnt its something that connects us all irregardless of race, gender, sexuality etc

So people can have different opinions without being racist.

- Alestaos

56 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

You do realize racism isn't just about the color of skin racism? Racism can be appropriation of cultures, like what tragically happens with black culture, BUT Gaga saying ALL Music is Black, isn't that appropriating music of different cultures such as Celtic music (Irish, Scottish), Germanic, Icelandic, etc to fit her narrative as well?

Its tragic what happens against people of color, but i myself a White dude have had racism against me because i don't live where i was born. People have told me to "go back to my country", "why are you here, go back to your own", "we dont want your kind here".  Does that invalidate what has happened to me and countless others because its not so wide spread?

Your arguement is on the basis of people who dislike her calling there countries music "Black" when it may have deeper relations. Take Irish music for example, Irish music dates back to the Celts and Vikings, Along Side How the Tribes would communicate with eachother. And i am sorry to say my dude they werent black.

So Gaga has approiated that "music styling" by calling it Black complete ignoring the actual history and culture behind it.

I would agree if she said "Music has no colour" or "Music has no Race" cause it doesnt its something that connects us all irregardless of race, gender, sexuality etc

So people can have different opinions without being racist.

- Alestaos

Did you ever take a second think that she wasn't being literal? Cause I didn't read it literally but of course there are certain groups of people who have a certain fragility anytime someone or something black is praised. 

If you needed any more proof as to how Gaga has become Madonna 2.0 in the "out of touch" and "ridiculous" departments.

Is it so difficult to accept that all music is influenced by other music? There is no feasible way to trace every single song or type of music to its original roots from who knows how many thousands of years ago. Not to mention some could have originated in more than one place simultaneously. It is a never ending line of influence.

Music from all around the world has influenced people all around the world.

You wanna claim that R&B and pop and everything originated in black communities in America? Well good luck convincing Middle Easterners, whose ancient tunes and songs fit seamlessly into modern-day R&B and pop beats and compositions.

The mix and diversity in music should be celebrated, not called "cultural appropriation". Music does not belong to anyone, and we should all be free to be inspired by whatever we feel inspired by.

Goodness, the dialogue going on in so many western countries at the moment is so ridiculously tone-deaf and arrogant.

2 hours ago, Explicit said:

Black washing

it exists though :jj: the maure movement in the US tells it all :jl: let alone Black Egypt :jj:

15 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Goodness, the dialogue going on in so many western countries at the moment is so ridiculously tone-deaf and arrogant.

ikr? there are genocides & atrocious wars occurring rn in the world, and people are too busy about stuff like 'cultural appropriation' :jl: 

29 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

Did you ever take a second think that she wasn't being literal? Cause I didn't read it literally but of course there are certain groups of people who have a certain fragility anytime someone or something black is praised. 

it's just a weak/poor statement from her, the mere phrase of 'black music' is just ignorant af, as there is nothing such as 'black music' or 'asian music' or 'white music' :wonka: otherwise you put in the same category Rwandese music & Sudanese music & jazz & 50s soul because of a skin colour although the cultural context of the emergence of such a kind of music is too different to sum all of these stuff in one single category. that's just how I thought the stuff.

& music doesn't belong to a skin colour. it is cultural. and influenced by other cultures. that's the definition of it.

her statement is ignorant about the definition of music, and it is all the more awkward as she claims to be an 'artist'. kinda ironic isn't it? 

and presuming that every single person who has a different opinion than yours is a gay racist male is beyond tragic, it is a forum opened to discussion, and black people are recognised here, I've never witnessed any racist statement here (just very ignorant ones) based on race hatred. you should keep the word 'racist' for real occasions, be careful whenever you use it. your usage of the word here, in an open-minded discussion is an insult to people who have faced real racist statements/treatments, you know? once again, focus on the bigger points, and then on the details. not everything at the same time. it won't work, and make everything weaker. 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block