Lady Gaga: all music is black music

Theres a few people saying that she means all music should be open to everyone, including black people (for example, how many black pop artists are there? Even if they release dance music, its classed as urban).

Personally though, I think she mean music as we know it stems from black music movements. I mean, look at dance music, disco was a black lead movement. Techno, trance etc and house all originated in underground gay scenes that were predominantly black. 

Jazz, rnb, and literally every popular form of pop can be traced back to black origins, even though it is white dominated today.

9 hours ago, Charlotte_the_Harlot said:

Uhmm that's not true. :eheeek:  Maybe let's just say music is a human thing, and we're all equal humans (or at least we want to be/we try to be equal, but we know life isn't fair for many). Music should connect everyone and help us to forget about any divisions. :angietea:

Underrated post.

• Like 1

Not all Music is black music, but probably all rythmic music comes from black people, my friend studied music and she said that too , classic for example is not , but black people have actually shaped probably all the music we hear now on the radio because they are the ones to start with rythm /jazz and drums/beats .... and so was pop music and electronic/disco/house etc created ....

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block