Generation Z is mocking Millennials on TikTok

2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

not the answer I expected they LOOK delicious, Roxxy  but no they're not edible 

SCREAMING :gloriascary:

No, cause i'm really puzzled, cause you're the second one to sorta reference it as food. Cause earlier in @CrazyButItFeelsAllright 's post saying they eat cinnamon and not Tide Pods. And then you say it looks delicious. So i'm like ooh so people actually eat these pods? :howiroll:

I'm so confused right now. :embarrassney:

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

No, cause i'm really puzzled, cause you're the second one to sorta reference it as food. Cause earlier in @CrazyButItFeelsAllright 's post saying they eat cinnamon and not Tide Pods. And then you say it looks delicious. So i'm like ooh so people actually eat these pods? :howiroll:

You’re not supposed to eat them but Gen Z was eating them for challenges and I was alluding to when millennials had the cinnamon challenge :haha:

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

it was a big meme a few years ago :yeahhh: I think there were some actual cases of people eating them, and then it turned into a meme, but the conspiracy theorist in me lowkey believes the whole thing was started by Tide themselves to boost sales :cackling:

• Haha 1

I mean, it was a thing, but it was blown WAAAY out of proportion. Children and old people with dementia (not teens) had been eating them for years, waaay before the actual "challenge". And when the "challenge" did go viral, there wasn't even that big of a spike in cases from what I've read. If anything, this just goes to show the power of memes and the media. :cackling: @Roxxy @CrazyButItFeelsAllright

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/internet/2018/01/only-86-teens-ate-tide-pods-so-why-did-world-erupt-moral-panic

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You’re not supposed to eat them but Gen Z was eating them for challenges and I was alluding to when millennials had the cinnamon challenge

I am so not aware of these challenges. How is eating cinnamon a challenge? So Gen Zs really ate detergent pods? :imacat:

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

it was a big meme a few years ago I think there were some actual cases of people eating them, and then it turned into a meme, but the conspiracy theorist in me lowkey believes the whole thing was started by Tide themselves to boost sales

:fakewow:

Like for real, for real? They ate them? :omg:

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I mean, it was a thing, but it was blown WAAAY out of proportion. Children and old people with dementia (not teens) had been eating them for years, waaay before the actual "challenge". And when the "challenge" did go viral, there wasn't even that big of a spike in cases from what I've read. If anything, this just goes to show the power of memes and the media. :cackling: @Roxxy @CrazyButItFeelsAllright

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/internet/2018/01/only-86-teens-ate-tide-pods-so-why-did-world-erupt-moral-panic

86 teens is 86 too many :mattafact:

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

:fakewow:

That was suuuch a good read, Singy. :pumped: Thank you so much for that link. I guess initially i was curious about Tide Pods but it turned to something far deeper than just eating detergent but like the influence of social media in sensationalizing stories. :imacat:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block