Madonna's views on religion was really the wake up call for me. On how evil and judgmental religion really is.

I've always wondered why People wanted to believe in something that was so judgmental and cruel to other kinds of people that weren't like them.

Even as a gay teen being told I'm going to hell cos I like men. Made me question how many people can be brainwashed to hate people. But yet so many do 

Madonna spoke her views on religion in her documentary I'm going to tell you a secret. One thing she said stood out.

Religion causes in fragmentation and causes separation from each other. If we were able to let go of religion and all of it's hatred and evilness. Maybe the world would truly be better. 

I've never felt more happier and freer the day I became an atheist.

"Love has nothing to do with religion,  Love does not divide"

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, wasn't that filmed in like 2004 when she was all into Kabbalah, which itself is just a branch of Judaism? 

Also I'm  fine with atheism and I myself identify as agnostic, but that "without religion there would be no evil or hatred" argument or any other variation of that mantra always makes me cackle because there have been many countries that have tried to implement state atheism (such as the former Soviet Union, North Korea, Cuba, China, etc) and many of those places have been more oppressive and generally worse off as a society than countries with religious majorities. So skip me with that "atheism is liberation" stuff.

Archived