Billie Eilish vs Lorde

Lorde's songwriting is effortlessly more nuanced, varied and complex in every sense: lyrics, meaning, vibe, music and in terms of production and arrangement as well.

Billie has 4 stunning songs on her record and the rest are like regurgitations of the rest.  Not that it's bad, but also Lorde can work with different people. Billie wouldn't have her best tracks without her brother. Her best song wasn't even written by her. So, Lorde.

The only side in which I give Billie an edge is in the visual section.Lorde does fall short on that are in comparison.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Bigno said:

Lorde's songwriting is effortlessly more nuanced, varied and complex in every sense: lyrics, meaning, vibe, musically and in terms of production and arrangement as well.

Billie has 4 stunning songs on her record and the rest are like regurgitations of the rest.  Not that it's bad, but also Lorde can work with different people. Billie wouldn't have her best tracks without her brother. Her best song wasn't even written by her. So, Lorde.

lets give billie time she is still developing as an artist and might surprise us so far her lyrics have proven to be out there and not conventional which is interesting 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, migeal said:

lets give billie time she is still developing as an artist and might surprise us so far her lyrics have proven to be out there and not conventional which is interesting 

Yes, I agree. It's still too soon.  But just basing my opinion on first records of each artist, I think Lorde still kicks ***. There is just something very artistic about her lyrical work that some artists don't have. Billie does have interesting lyrics, but a bit less metaphorical and poetic

Anyways, let's give it time.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block