Justin Bieber says he's benefitted off black culture

• Leader

Justin Bieber admits he's inspired by and has benefited off of black culture.

Leave it to Bieber to show some self awareness during this movement. And before the comments go in on him using the N-word in a take of "One Less Lonely Girl," people can change right? Should we forgive but not forget? 

Exhale, what parts about Bieber's career, whether it's music, words, fashion etc do you feel like he embodied black culture? 

bieber-black.jpg.069462f19eac0d816996f747191fe395.jpg

• Love 2
  • Content Curators

I always felt bad for how cruel people treated him. He was just a kid trying to make his dreams come true and he is also very talented. I'm glad he gives credit to the people who inspired him.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

I think this is cool. JB seems like a cool guy, and I’m happy for what he said, it’s good. I just don’t like how all of this has become “trendy” all over social media and companies with their advertising. BLM is very serious and doesn’t need to be watered down with every business throwing in for their moment, like what the NFL said the other day. 

No ****. Most of pop culture has benefited from black culture. Whether it be Blues/Jazz, Rock, R&B, Hip Hop, Rap, etc. Black culture over the last century, ESPECIALLY in music, has often been foundational for a lot of the genres we enjoy today. 

'Urban' = Black inspired. 

Nice to hear a male in music talking about dis. :lollipop:

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

why beyoncè can rob caucasian white women and no one can say a thing and white artists need to kiss black ***** everytime?

1041997_orig.jpg 

Cause literally most of the industry has profited off of black people/culture/music without any credit 

Also 

read the room 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

why beyoncè can rob caucasian white women and no one can say a thing and white artists need to kiss black ***** everytime?

1041997_orig.jpg 

Because of her nasty *** forefathers preying on black slaves, she's mixed with both/many, she can do whatever she wants. A little over exposure doesn't mean she's trying to "pass". ALSO if she was, that's on her to deal with and facing herself in the mirror. ALL Black folk have to deal with the current ingrained perception of color/race because of white men and women.

Black folk have influenced the world over, and culture as a whole. Victorian women with those BIG *** dresses trying to look plump, and busty, tall, extravagant hair (having laws to make us cover it up), swag, it's all in us. We took the scraps and made it work.  While the oppressors have just done exactly what they've always done, Rob, Kill, Steal, and point the finger elsewhere, or victim shaming/blaming.

P.S. Caucasian women are the most unoriginal (except Audrey Hepburn), and have always had to be on a long...or short..leash from their oppressive white male husbands.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

1041997_orig.jpg 

She bought those looks as well as those Grammys and VMA’s. She’s a fraud! 
I don’t care what anybody say, she’s the most overrated artist in the ******* world and she gets away with almost everything. 
:leaving:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block