Kim Petras is underrated

2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Kim Petras is saving pop music but the GP isn’t paying attention for some reason. This performance this week is EVERYTHING:

Even Charli XCX said she is the future of pop. Her recent album was so amazing, I’ve listened it like 1000 times and I still do :madance:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Clarity is flawless except I hate the last song and always skip it. All the singles with the ‘bunhead’ album art were also bops and most of Turn Off The Light was great too.

“Personal Hell” sounds like it could have been written for Britney

Edited to say that I don’t see much love for Slayyyter here either and that’s really a shame

• Love 1

Queen Kim has pumped out bop after ******* bop. One of the best pop stars at the moment, an absolute star. 

As for the Dr Luke association, well... of course it's problematic. I personally believe him to be a scumbag but I think it's sometimes necessary to separate the art from the artist. If Kim believes him to be innocent, that's a belief we unfortunately have to accept and get over. I won't judge her on his actions.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:44 AM, CarlyRaeJepsenStan said:

this is better than everything that Taylor Swift has ever done.

The fact that Taylor's fame, artistry, success and impact affects you this much to always draw comparisons to her at every chance you get, always overshadows your negative comments. Imagine being so pressed by her that you leave comments on just about every post about how others are more deserving of the success and notoriety that she has gained and worked so hard for. 

Stop pinning hard working women against each other. Use this same energy to share, promote, admire and root for your faves. Everyone has different tastes in the arts. If Taylor is not your cup of tea, then so be it, but don't demise her success through your negative comments. There's enough room for E-V-E-R-Y woman in music to succeed.

• Love 1

Her ERA 1 music was so fun to listen and dance to, and still is. Each album and single releases since then has shown us different sides of music she is capable of also working in. She is such an interesting artist, with an even more interesting background to entice people. She is not just here to prove that she is here to make it in the pop music world, but also that LGBTQ+ artists have stories to tell. I can't wait to see how far her career grows. 

• Love 2

Dude I’ve been seriously vibing with Kim for a while now and honestly I haven’t been as excited about a newer pop artist for a long time. I’m kind of in love tbh.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b87ee904591eb30d7b9

She delivers on all fronts, and she does it with an energy and a kind of pure-pop nostalgia that’s totally unique to her, and it’s a testament to her love of and devotion to pop music, and the craft of pop-songwriting. She’s INCREDIBLY talented. 

CLARITY is everything. Turn Off the Light is also everything. And ERA 1 is just legendary at this point. Hillside Boys, Can’t Do Better, Slow It Down... UGH. I could go on. 
She’s going places. PERIODT. 

On 7/12/2020 at 12:52 AM, SlayOut said:

Yes, Kim delivers us bops and is definitely pop royalty! Also feel guilty listening to her music as she collaborates with Dr. Luke... 

OMG I guess I'm outta the loop, but I've never seen these two music videos... I LOVE IT. :OMGney:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block