Kim Petras is underrated

Just now, MrPieceOfMe said:

Okay, Kim Petras is one of the most underrated singers nowadays.

Her album TURN OFF THE LIGHT is so amazing, yet so underrated.

Do you think that one day she may become famous and famous?

Also if you didnt listen the album, you really should:

this is better than everything that Taylor Swift has ever done.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Okay, Kim Petras is one of the most underrated singers nowadays.

Her album TURN OFF THE LIGHT is so amazing, yet so underrated.

Do you think that one day she may become famous and famous?

Also if you didnt listen the album, you really should:

kim-petras.jpg.44a05c6e6e6f2dbd56479b0759fd4a0d.jpg

She falls in the same Category as Charli XCX to me... I think she’s a bit too LGBT to be mainstream but at least she’s got a small loyal fan base :jl:

1 hour ago, sullivanSP said:

She falls in the same Category as Charli XCX to me... I think she’s a bit too LGBT to be mainstream but at least she’s got a small loyal fan base :jl:

You can't compare them. This album is a masterpiece while Charli's new album is a messy, awful and without any rhythm :(

• Love 1

I agree with this because Kim has bops on bops on BOPS! But, let’s keep it real, she’s a product of Dr Luke just like Katy Perry was. Without him, sadly I don’t think she’d serve us the bops she does. But I like for Ms. Petras! I hope she signs with a label so she can finally get the exposure she deserves. My friend works in radio and I used to ask him why they never played Kim, and he said that radio stations cannot play independent artists. So hopefully she signs with someone for at least 1 album.

She really has served some of the best pure pop over the last couple of years & I think she's beginning to come into her own vibe as far as an overall performing artist.

I think maybe the current issue is the GP isn't really checking for pure bubblegum pop right now and it doesn't fit in much with whats 'hot'/on the radio. And by default, she gets niched into the LGBT world because of her identity unfortunately. Maybe she will strike up something real groundbreaking & eye-catching soon and get some GP attention...hope so! She deserves

I do think that she is a star with a lot of talent, and in the right hands, her career could be huge. Just imagine her voice on a Max Martin signature pop/dance tracks. I do think that her ERA 1 was a lot of fun and a lot of early Ke$ha sounding, not much substance, but it served for a fun night out. Clarity had a very different shift in which the lyrics were a little darker and emotional, but each track had a nice sound to it. I do believe that her working with Dr. Luke will hurt her in the eyes of many people, so I really hope she reconsiders her future, though I'm sure she's bind in a contract with him now (and everyone knows how difficult those are.)

I will say, "Broken Glass" with Kygo was a good listen as well. I even think her voice is a little unrecognizable at times during this song.

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block