Lana Del Rey confirms new album out September 5th, blasts haters who claim she's "glamorizing abuse," mentions main pop girls

40 minutes ago, BritneyMinaj said:

nicki gets made fun of bcuz of her husband's past :tired:

nicki was made fun of bcuz she rapped about her ******** in her lyrics :tired:

nicki's husband killed someone though :selena:

i didn't realise people made fun of nicki for singing about her ******** - thats horrible. Are you referring to all things go? Thats a beautiful song

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, coupure_electrique said:

nicki's husband killed someone though :selena:

i didn't realise people made fun of nicki for singing about her ******** - thats horrible. Are you referring to all things go? Thats a beautiful song

it's attempted so technically he didn't and he said he was falsily accused look i don't wanna get involved with the law stuff anyways chile

yes all things go is the song a bop

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This wouldn't have been a big deal. But naming artists like she did. Especially the POC ones. That's where the anger is all about coming from. Also people don't like a person who's unhappy all the time. 

Lana does seem to be depressed all the time. Eventually that becomes a turn off. 

It's really hard for me explaining her art to people like you.

"Her SNL concert was a mess" "Lana does seem to be depressed all the time"

Give her a break. Just listen her music with detail and then, you will know.

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
55 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This wouldn't have been a big deal. But naming artists like she did. Especially the POC ones. That's where the anger is all about coming from. Also people don't like a person who's unhappy all the time. 

Lana does seem to be depressed all the time. Eventually that becomes a turn off. 

I’m sorry but I’d rather have a singer like Lana that’s free and sings about what SHE wants and feels

Not another industry plant who is forced to record songs and have a certain style or way 

(and whether you like it or not sadly Britney is one of them, there’s clear differences in her commercial pop and music she writes and enjoys) 

• Love 4

I was talking last night with my boyfriend about Lana del Rey (as you can see, I'm a big fan). My boyfriend loves Bad Bunny and urban artists like that... So I was trying to explain how Lana's music touch my heart since Born to Die. He told me she was actually restricting her audience for people like him, 'cause she uses a lot of references and moods people don't understand all the time, and then I get it. 

It's weird how people is trying to get Lana for that statement but I'm not surprised. She build our generation. She gave us new sounds, she open the gates for other alternative artists, and this is how you pay her. People in twitter says she's mad 'cause she's not selling like Ariana or Beyonce (and we know she doesn't care). People in twitter is saying she's a racist for include black singers in her statement (and we know she is not).

Can't wait for the new album - SEPTEMBER 5

• Love 3
  • Content Curators

Honestly she is a very nice person who btw has always praised Britney for all that don’t know. I wouldn’t be surprised if she sent this letter to the people she name called in the letter. I mean her and Ariana just did a song I’m sure they are somewhat friends. Everyone is quick to cancel someone these days they didn’t even realize what she is talking about. As a Lana stan since 2014, Ik she means no harm

• Love 4
  • Leader
2 hours ago, coupure_electrique said:

The negative reaction this has caused has reallyyyy made me lose faith in our generation.

While I agree that the name dropping wasnt phrased in the best way, she was merely illustrating her point that women are more free to sing about toxic relationships than they were when she was singing about it in 2012-2014. She is merely asking that she be held to that same standard, and is angry for the emotional turmoil the media caused her when they unleashed their hate tirade.

I love Lana, but why would she intentionally bring these women into it? It just felt like she wanted to create drama. :wontcry:

• Love 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

:well: 

Low-key agree. 

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

6 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

:well: 

Low-key agree. 

i agree that she could've gotten her point across without naming anyone, but i think the second half pushes a really harmful narrative - that depressed people are a turn off, or that people get bored of them

Maybe I’m not replying to this topic the way it was intended, but I actually respect Lana a lot for what she writes about. To me, her lyrics are incredibly raw and real. She paints a picture and whether or not you like that picture, is your issue. I always took solace in her music because I feel like I can relate to a lot of what she is singing out. Her music is about being vulnerable and honest no matter how hard it may be to hear. I think anyone coming after her for her content, needs to really ask themselves if they would rather have a sugar coated message shoved down their throat, or a woman singing about her deepest thoughts and emotions.

• Love 4

Her statement was ignorant and tone deaf. Internet hate isn't exclusive to her. Every artist receives it. And the fact that she mainly compared herself to women of color who are treated worse than her by the media and general public shows the daftness of her whole statement.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

MTE. This just feels like it came out of nowhere. NFR was acclaimed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Exactly! Lana is one of the most acclaimed artist of the last decade and she's comparing randoms saying she "glamorizes violence" to women who have received full on hate trains, lynch threats for singing about racism, death threats for what your ex did that had nothing to do with you, and **** threats for singing a break up song. She has a cult status her fans love her art and the critics eat it all up she should be more appreciative of what she has instead of trying to create a fauxfeminist victim narrative for herself to sell records.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block