Lana Del Rey confirms new album out September 5th, blasts haters who claim she's "glamorizing abuse," mentions main pop girls

The whole thing rubbed me as racist. Whether it was her intention or not, or whether they were 'her favorites,' the fact of the matter is that most of the woman on that list were WOC. Perhaps her implicit bias shone through.....listening to a rich white socialite singer (with no range) whine about her treatment vs woman of color.... it's just a no from me.

\Buzzfeed - Why People are Mad

Edited by SideSplits
added for further reading.

I just want her to go back to having sick beats in her music like the first album.

block me for this, but anything after that album is a collection of depressing snoozefests. The music doesn’t have any melody, it basically meaningless words spoken over “dark” sounds. 

I hate it when people try to explain their personal position about a topic by talking about... others'. Lana should be able to explain her point of view without mentioning others. And I do believe she's glamourizing abuse. Besides, she's talking from a privileged place: all those abusive relationships that she went through didn't end up leaving her on the streets with no money or with serious bruises or with a fragile mental state, which is the case for many women all around the world. So she should be an artist and express herself and make her glamorous sad songs, but then she should also stop and think what she's promoting because she's been selling the same stuff for years, so more than expressing her feelings she needs to solve some personal issues.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block