Promote your native pop royalty

12 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

But do you hear them like in public? Or on tv? Like you are aware of the French music scene, like you know some artist and such but just don’t listen to? 

France tried to "have" their own Britney in 2001. It was cool and I liked it.. till her sound became different.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, dark_wolf said:

France tried to "have" their own Britney in 2001. It was cool and I liked it.. till her sound became different.

Ohmygah it’s like when you discovered you  bought a Britney bootleg.cringe.

I don’t get why they are modeling 1999 Britney when by this time Britney has already been sexed up and doing more “urban” type songs. So is Alizee not considered the French Britney?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Ohmygah it’s like when you discovered you  bought a Britney bootleg.cringe.

I don’t get why they are modeling 1999 Britney when by this time Britney has already been sexed up and doing more “urban” type songs. So is Alizee not considered the French Britney?

When I heard the song & saw the video for the 1st time, I immediately thought "Baby & Oops Britney", though it was released in 2001. So they tried to have a more "adult" version of Britney with another artist (who sounds like Shakira tbh), by literally copying the "Slave" video.
And to answer your question, I honesly don't know. The only song of Alizée I know is "Moi Lolita".

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, dark_wolf said:

When I heard the song & saw the video for the 1st time, I immediately thought "Baby & Oops Britney", though it was released in 2001. So they tried to have a more "adult" version of Britney with another artist (who sounds like Shakira tbh), by literally copying the "Slave" video.
And to answer your question, I honesly don't know. The only song of Alizée I know is "Moi Lolita".

Not to mention the blatant Sometimes reference :zoomzoom:  But that other video is the perfect representation of that era, corporate trying to profit and slapping anything together to make a quick buck. 

I just mention Alizee because that’s what I hear that she’s a pop princess during those times. So if the USA knows about her then she’s surely a bigger artist than those clones that can rival Britney? yeah Moi Lolita was big here too so would have assumed she’s at Britney’s level or even like Britney since they started out all sweet and innocent and had cute songs although Alizee now is...:teigen: 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Not to mention the blatant Sometimes reference :zoomzoom:  But that other video is the perfect representation of that era, corporate trying to profit and slapping anything together to make a quick buck. 

I just mention Alizee because that’s what I hear that she’s a pop princess during those times. So if the USA knows about her then she’s surely a bigger artist than those clones that can rival Britney? yeah Moi Lolita was big here too so would have assumed she’s at Britney’s level or even like Britney since they started out all sweet and innocent and had cute songs although Alizee now is...:teigen: 

They tried to make Lorie a "French response" to the Britneymania.. at least on her first 4 studios albums.
When she released her 5th studio album, everyone noticed a drastic change, she went from "bubblegum pop" to "adult pop, dance & electro.. reminds me of someone's 5th album :jj: Unfortunately for her, that's when she became to flop (her 4 studio albums were in the top 10, this one was #23)

(They even tried at some point to appeal the Latin market, it reminds me of JLo's "Ain't it Funny" (the latin version)).

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Matiz said:

I absolutely adore I Will Be There :crying1: It's so heartwarming :crying1: One of the best Britney songs ever :crying1:

This song was released it 2001. I immediately notice they wanted to have a "French Britney".
Everything screams "...Baby One More Time" era (Baby & Sometimes MVs, I Will be There..)

I love I Will be There too, one of my favorite songs of BOMT.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, theosgrlt said:

Anitta !!!! I'm a big fan of her like a big stan. She is the only artist recently that makes me feel happy and excited since Gaga and Britney are sleeping :chrissy:

I saw her twice in concert in Europe and she slays omg and no her music isn't that generic. She does a lot of latin pop song and funk etc. I think I'm going to do a thread about her 'cause she deserves international fame she is so talented:whatitellu:

Word on the street is that Anitta finally found somebody willing to invest in her international career and is working on it right now.

I've read some sad stories in this thread, so here goes 'mine'... The model in red speedo and sneakers dancing with Anitta at the beginning of the video was killed last december. Apparently, he got into a figth. Days later he disappeared to be found dead with both arms broken, and gun shots in both legs... Senseless, terrible, cruel. I don't even know how to put it. Favelas are a dark, dangerous place. There's good people there, but there's also so much evil. 

13 minutes ago, Lorenm said:

Word on the street is that Anitta finally found somebody willing to invest in her international career and is working on it right now.

I've read some sad stories in this thread, so here goes 'mine'... The model in red speedo and sneakers dancing with Anitta at the beginning of the video was killed last december. Apparently, he got into a figth. Days later he disappeared to be found dead with both arms broken, and gun shots in both legs... Senseless, terrible, cruel. I don't even know how to put it. Favelas are a dark, dangerous place. There's good people there, but there's also so much evil. 

Yeah it's true since last Spring she signed with Brandon Silverstein (Normani manager). She was managing herself with her brother and she was still at Warner Brazil (now she belongs to Warner International). Her future album is coming out soon and it is going to be invest worldwide this time. It was supposed to come out a bit before Coachella but we all know what happened.

Yeah I read about it too. It's so sad. I have a lot of friends and family living in Brazil and when they tell me about their life I feel so lucky about mine. They get through hard stuff. They told me every time they leave home they don't know if they come back. The Brazilian doesn't care about their issues so somehow I'm glad artists like her are fighting to be respected and to change things up. 

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, dark_wolf said:

They tried to make Lorie a "French response" to the Britneymania.. at least on her first 4 studios albums.
When she released her 5th studio album, everyone noticed a drastic change, she went from "bubblegum pop" to "adult pop, dance & electro.. reminds me of someone's 5th album :jj: Unfortunately for her, that's when she became to flop (her 4 studio albums were in the top 10, this one was #23)

(They even tried at some point to appeal the Latin market, it reminds me of JLo's "Ain't it Funny" (the latin version)).

At this point, I’m kinda judging her more for not knowing what direction to go and blindly following formulas. 

Ain’t it funny that she basically became Jlo? It’s like she has no identity.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

At this point, I’m kinda judging her more for not knowing what direction to go and blindly following formulas. 

Ain’t it funny that she basically became Jlo? It’s like she has no identity.

Definetely agree with you. 
I guess she was kinda tired of being sold as "the French Britney" and that's why her albums started to flop from the 5th one.

That's what I deplore about my country in terms of art, it's like they want to be more Americans than the American people.
I saw a lot of replicas of the US artists and it was like they didn't know how to create an original, iconic superstar, that's one of the reasons I chose the American music, there was diversity.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, dark_wolf said:

Definetely agree with you. 
I guess she was kinda tired of being sold as "the French Britney" and that's why her albums started to flop from the 5th one.

That's what I deplore about my country in terms of art, it's like they want to be more Americans than the American people.
I saw a lot of replicas of the US artists and it was like they didn't know how to create an original, iconic superstar, that's one of the reasons I chose the American music, there was diversity.

Haha I feel like America is fueled by making money so there’s a motivation to always improve or change to keep the cash flowing. Just like when they wanted to groom a new Britney hence why she retaliated with original doll.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Haha I feel like America is fueled by making money so there’s a motivation to always improve or change to keep the cash flowing. Just like when they wanted to groom a new Britney hence why she retaliated with original doll.

Totally agree with you ! 

• Like 1

Stream second Polish Eurovision Junior queen Viki Gabor now!

if you dont know it yet, this is the song with which she won Eurovision Junior last year

And a friendly reminder that Eurovision Junior Queen #1 is Roxie :queenflopga:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• 2 years later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block