Exhale Emote Origins

Roxxy

16 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I love me some DK!!  So many memories from watching Making the Band and when their debut album came out.  :duadance:

I actually planned a trip home to Boston and went with my sister to see Dumblonde perform.  So glad we did.  They were wicked good!!  I need to dive into Dawn’s stuff more.  Have you heard the two songs she and Aubrey put out under Danity Kane?

I would love to see them live sometime in the future! I still have the DVD's with Making the Band :makeitrain:

Yes, I download everything they put out, I always follow any new release. I love my indie girls :prettyney:

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

I would love to see them live sometime in the future! I still have the DVD's with Making the Band :makeitrain:

Yes, I download everything they put out, I always follow any new release. I love my indie girls :prettyney:

I still kick myself years ago for not going to see Christina when Danity Kane opened for her.  Ugh.  I missed them again a year or two ago in Lauderdale, but I couldn’t miss my brother in one of his plays.

I hope they release a full album.  I heard Dawn is going to play a part in the Making the Band reboot.  Diddy drives me nuts, to be honest, but I’ll probably still check it out.  I love watching old clips from their seasons.:gobaby:

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I honestly forgot about this song.  Apologize was always my favorite.  Despite it making me think of a time I’d rather not. 

So you also have a memory attached to One Republic? Same... :wontcry: I haven't listened to a One Republic song, until now. :sobbing:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

So you also have a memory attached to One Republic? Same... :wontcry: I haven't listened to a One Republic song, until now. :sobbing:

Yes, for some reason a friend always said that ‘Apoligize’ reminded her of my breakup with my ex.  I can never not hear that song and think about it now.  :icant2:

Although, I do love that song.  I actually haven’t listened to much of them either lately.  I know they’re coming out with new stuff.  I need to revisit their Native album.  I remember downloading that before streaming.  :smokney:

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Yes, for some reason a friend always said that ‘Apoligize’ reminded her of my breakup with my ex. I can never not hear that song and think about it now. 

Atleast yours is only one song. I can't listen to all their songs. OneRepublic was his fave and I eventually got into their music too. His influence. But now I can't anymore. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

On 4/24/2020 at 8:54 PM, Hungry Hun said:

Roxxy love, this is Cuca

She's a witch from the novel "Sítio do Pica- Pau Amarelo" made by Monteiro Lobato, one of the most famous writers in Brazil's history. The story was adapted several times across time and all sorts of media (from books to TV shows, cinema, cartoon and yada yada yada). Its a  freaking classic, very much enjoyable for all ages, but mostly kids.

This version of Cuca was from my childhood, a true gay icon. 

capa_cuca_terci_widelg.jpeg

cucacapaamnnddn_widelg.png

Perez Hilton also wanted to make some money on Cuca a few years ago, producing merchs from this Diva.

perezhilton-cuca.jpg

He faced a lawsuit tenor.gif

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=12497412

tenor.gif?itemid=8943527

tenor.gif?itemid=9424349

I was putting some info together before I see this.

Cuca is great, even tho her first look would terrified me as a kid.

i remember watching the old ”Sítio do Pica Pau Amerelo”  when I was 6-7 years old and screaming my mom every time she on.

And yes, the 2000 version (remixed, reimagined, still iconic) was a truly gay icon, wanted to be her so badly. Lol

a real queen with her red dress on. 

B589947-F-8-D22-4924-8-A45-86-B871-A2-E8

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block