Liam Hemsworth in Men's Health, says he's no longer a vegan

• Leader

Liam Hemsworth graces the new issue of Men's Health. 

The pictures are :demi:

In the interview, Liam says after four years of being vegan, he now eats meat. 

I was vegan for almost four years, and then February of last year I was feeling lethargic. Then I got a kidney stone. It was one of the most painful weeks of my life. I was doing press for Isn’t It Romantic. But I had to go to the hospital and get surgery.

It’s all good now, thankfully. But once you get one kidney stone, you have a 50 percent chance of getting another one if you continue eating the way you were eating. Well, my particular kidney stone was a calcium-oxalate kidney stone. It forms from having too much oxalate in your diet. Oxalates are really high in a lot of vegetables, specifically spinach, almonds, beetroot, potatoes. Every morning, I was having five handfuls of spinach and then almond milk, almond butter, and also some vegan protein in a smoothie. And that was what I considered super healthy. So I had to completely rethink what I was putting in my body.

He eats a ton of the same thing then wonders why he has a high concentration of it in his body :cackling:

You can read the full interview on Men's Health.

I've personally cut out almost all meat from my diet and I feel a lot better. Looking at packaged meat at the grocery store grosses me ut now. 

Exhale, y'all vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian or meat eaters? No judgement. Just curious. 

27138962-8214671-image-a-40_158679320064

hlh050120cvrmay-003-1586189132.png?resiz

hlh050120feacover-001-1586204736.png?res

hlh050120feacover-003-1586204786.png?res

hlh050120feacover-005-1586205010.png?res

20200207-mh-liam-hemsworth-0621-15861891

hlh050120feacover-002-1586205173.png?res

27138952-8214671-_The_first_two_years_I_

1586210754-mh-subscribe-may-1586210740.p

liam.jpg

I personally eat meat. I would ideally like to give it up for sustainability and animal treatment reasons, but it’s hard to substitute that protein in other foods. One of my main motivations for working out all the years that I have is muscle building, and it’s hard to do that without a lot of protein. I have a hard time eating enough protein even with meat in my diet. I have started trying more meat-free and vegan products though, just to try to get some dependency off of meat and be more sustainable. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods

Yeah right? You need to have a balanced die. Almond milk is not enough protein, you would have to eat a whole bowl of almonds to get the same amount of protein in a little piece of meat. I don’t get it, don’t they have a village of people looking after them? 

• Love 3

Always considered him to be the sexiest brother of them all. :thirsty:Something super sweet about him. (his bro Chris is too alpha macho for my taste) 

Shame he had to experience that to go back to meat. I generally dislike meat and I have given up on most types of meat minus seafood and it feels great. But I wouldn't know whether it's the healthiest diet to have.

Haven't actively (still here and there) consumed dairy for years now. Must be like 4 or 5 years now already. :lizzie: As for meat, I still live with my parents, and I'd rather not complicate their lives with some vegan BS. 100% going fully vegan in the future, though. That's a huge goal of mine. :tiffanynod: As for Liam, veganism is something you MUST do right, and he clearly didn't. However, that's his choice, and he can do what he wants. :martini:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block