Charli XCX - 'How I'm Feeling Now' (album discussion)

I LOVEEEEEE me some Charli, BUT this album is very much giving me salt with barely any pepper. Like, she wanted to add some seasoning, but chose not to. Like she was trying to deliver, but did not let the album marinate long enough in all that garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika and adobo. It’s a MEH from me.

• Love 1

The album is hard to chew for sure.  But Charli always experiments, and there is some good bones (Claws and Forever).  :janet:
And I love that she's never giving any fncks about trends, and just do her thing ! :smokney2: 
It's pretty rare in pop these days (everybody calculates !).
She does not care about charts, and Miley Cyrus could take couple of notes (she chicken out so hard with She Is Miley:mcorangu:)...

I'm liking this more than expected on first listen. I feel like she's an artist you might just have to adjust to. This happened to me with her first album, True Romance, where I was like :teigen: at first, but then as you listen to it more, you realize the melodies are really good and the chaotic production actually adds to it eventually. I'm excited to see how this develops for me as I continue to listen :katycream:

On 5/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jayjukebox said:

I LOVEEEEEE me some Charli, BUT this album is very much giving me salt with barely any pepper. Like, she wanted to add some seasoning, but chose not to. Like she was trying to deliver, but did not let the album marinate long enough in all that garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika and adobo. It’s a MEH from me.

Girl you hungry.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, lustwecantcontrol said:

Her best body of work imo is her Number 1 Angle mixtape! 

omggggg <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

3 hours ago, SelinaKyle said:

And I love that she's never giving any fncks about trends, and just do her thing ! :smokney2:

YESSS.

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

but then as you listen to it more, you realize the melodies are really good and the chaotic production actually adds to it eventually

Yes, always! People think her music is all metal and plastic but it's actually full of melodies, you just gotta  give it a try.

On 5/14/2020 at 5:15 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Glad she went with this for the cover, tbh. I was getting scared because all the single covers were lowkey kinda ugly, and I wouldn't want to add that garbage to my library. :chrissy:

Same. The only one I really liked was the Claws artwork on Spotify. 

On 4/7/2020 at 1:14 AM, JordanMiller said:

Charli XCX wasn't just sitting at home, thinking about boys, waiting for the pandemic to settle down so she can get out to LA to Tokyo to get fancy.She's using the tools she has at her finger tips and created a body of work that reflects the times. 

It's titled 'How I'm Feeling Now' and is officially out. Take a moment to digest the new tunes and comment as you listen. 

Listen on Apple Music or Spotify.

charli-xcx.thumb.jpg.3b2bfa363957dcfb453a695c57ad8f3b.jpg

charli.jpg.661cb24e367b50d785e50b9f61866f76.jpg

Fixed it with some cute puns:bedtime:enjoy:lollipop:

Her last album was amazing. "Gone", "2099", "Cross You Out", "1999", "I Don't Wanna Know", "Silver Cross" and "February 2017" were all awesome tracks.

I can't wait to listen to this album later today and I will post my thoughts in here.

I too am shocked people are paying her dust.

:nochillbrit:

She is one of the best pop artists out there right now.

:mcry:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block