Were the mid-to-late 90s and early 2000s the greatest era in music?

Can't comment on the 90s as I wasn't born yet. I really do miss the 00s, though, and look back on that period of time fondly. It was my childhood after all. :crying3: However, I just can't look past the accessibility part of it all. Streaming has truly changed the game. Indie artists are on the rise because the internet lets people self-promote and self-release, and people can listen to whatever the hell the way want without having to listen to what the radio and the charts shove down their throats. I can create a library of 10 000 songs in a few hours for a measly cost of 7 euros a month. That's ridiculous. You can't even buy one CD for 7 euros. I've discovered so many amazing artists thanks to streaming services and the internet in general that I would otherwise never get to hear about. :bigtime: As for quality. It's hard to say. You can definitely compare mainstream music, but as for music overall - I don't think it's possible to objectively say if one decade was better than another. :heresthetea: Also, as I said in another thread - pop music is actually the best it's ever been in terms of critical acclaim, and most artists are heavily involved in their work. Much more than before, I'd say. :donewithit:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Roxxy said:

OMG I have a binder full of Britney and anime pictures I printed from the internet omg it was my prized possession for years during middle school! :yasqueen:

I remember using Britney notebook covers that I printed from disney.com :orangu: - they made it for that

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

I remember using Britney notebook covers that I printed from disney.com :orangu: - they made it for that

Omg I never had a Britney covered notebook. Where do you even get those. :embarrassney: But every time we're at a bookstore and if there's like a magazine or like an unauthorized bio, we would buy it. :imcute:

• Like 3
  • Content Curators

I do feel that many of the albums released those years would tend to have a lot of filler tracks though as opposed to more recent times. I love Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory its a masterpiece from beginning to end but it's the only album I like by them.  

• Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

41 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg I never had a Britney covered notebook. Where do you even get those. :embarrassney: But every time we're at a bookstore and if there's like a magazine or like an unauthorized bio, we would buy it. :imcute:

they had "posters" that were the regular notebook size for that purpose so all you had to do was print it

• Super Mods

I feel it’s the most diverse in terms of music too. I mean we got mash ups of all genres. Pop rock , country rock, hip pop, it was like the labels were just throwing everything all at once and see what works but that’s the beauty of it. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block