Were the mid-to-late 90s and early 2000s the greatest era in music?

The answer is yes :mhm:

I think that era was a huge change in sound from what came before and it is still influencing music today. As far as measurable success goes, artists today wish they could achieve the numbers. The diversity, the artists, the big budget productions, the music videos. It was a golden era still fondly remembered. 

• Love 2
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

The answer is yes :mhm:

I think that era was a huge change in sound from what came before and it is still influencing music today. As far as measurable success goes, artists today wish they could achieve the numbers. The diversity, the artists, the big budget productions, the music videos. It was a golden era still fondly remembered. 

It was the golden era of music indeed, I don't see the 80s doing it. wKySbEM.gif 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

My age is showing lol!! Who didn't have the Chocolate Starfish and Hot Dog Flavored Water album?? 

Linkin Park was and forever will be my band. 

OMG lmaooo I just randomly tagged you not knowing you were even a fan :deadbanana:good intuition I guess? wKySbEM.gif 

If I'm not mistaken, I think this was my first ever album omg given as a gift too do you know we- wKySbEM.gif 

R-1879324-1249689165.jpeg.jpg 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

Who else do you stan from that era omg wKySbEM.gif 

Well, aside from sharing the love for the Britney album ❤ you also mentioned Limp Bizkit, I actually have Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water because 5th grader Roxxy felt so cool knowing all the lyrics to Rollin'. I had a crush on Fred Durst then omg. I remember I bought it together with Dido's No Angel. :mattafact:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Well, aside from sharing the love for the Britney album ❤ you also mentioned Limp Bizkit, I actually have Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water because 5th grader Roxxy felt so cool knowing all the lyrics to Rollin'. I had a crush on Fred Durst then omg. I remember I bought it together with Dido's No Angel. :mattafact:

the FLAVOUR wKySbEM.gif  I remember my childhood best friend's mom from elementary school was obsessed with Dido and Sarah McLachlan, such mom music omg wKySbEM.gif I also remember my friend's parents not letting any of us watch MTV in the early 2000s and would continue to ridicule it by calling it trash omg grew up in such a conservative town don't miss it wKySbEM.gif  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, rik said:

I agree!!!

oh my god THIS ALBUM is so ******* god. I straight up forgot about Dido. Where is her fanpage :jj:

Is it actually good omg maybe I'll give it a listen, love her old sound...makes me so nostalgic wKySbEM.gif tbh, Jewel washes every alt/adult-contemporary artist from that era, she's actually one of my all-time faves  wKySbEM.gif 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Sarah McLachlan

She beat Britney for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for ...Baby One More Time. :embarrassney:

4 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

such mom music omg

Did you just call Dido 'mom music'? :tiffdrink:

Ok tea tbh :unreal:

5 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

omg grew up in such a conservative town don't miss it 

Ok so how did you become the bad4ss beach that you are now? :rihclap:

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

She beat Britney for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for ...Baby One More Time. :embarrassney:

Did she really omg that roach wKySbEM.gif 

Did you just call Dido 'mom music'? tiffdrinkk.gif

Ok tea tbh :unreal:

Is she not? tiffdrinkk.gif Every white mom in the late 90s and early 2000s was either listening to her, celine or dido lbr :tiffdrink:

Ok so how did you become the bad4ss beach that you are now? :rihclap:

Let's just say I had a blackout era tiffdrinkk.gif  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Did she really omg that roach wKySbEM.gif

Yes. She and Xtina beat Britney for her only two nominations at the Grammys that year.

3 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Is she not? tiffdrinkk.gif Every white mom in the late 90s and early 2000s was either listening to her, celine or dido lbr :tiffdrink:

Dido was a new artist then so Mom's couldn't have been listening to her. I think she was more for teens and young adults, than the moms. :mattafact:

4 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Let's just say I had a blackout era tiffdrinkk.gif  

Ok I wanna hear this. Spill it. :rihclap:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block