New Britney Spears song, "Lightness," registered to music publishing website

I think it's some kind of scam. :gagasmile: Just click on the writers name, you'll find the most random songs ever and looking them up; none of them has anything related (they all are published by different labels and have different producers and writers and genres from breakbeat album from 2003 to country album in 2015). In fact some of the songs doesn't even exist and one of them was the most random self produced youtube music video from 2012 with like 5 views. Also googling the adress linked to the name reveals that the person with that name indeed exist in some random neighborhood in new york but googling his name otherwise has absolutely zero results. Could this be one of those copyright claim scams? :miley:

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Theo04t said:

LOL what are you talking about, all the singles from FF were HUGE here, like really HUGE (except in the UK for some reason)

She had a couple hits after 2004 because of the boom of digital sales and those hits were completely fan-driven and dropped off the charts after 2 weeks. Her only organic hits in Europe after 2004 were “Womanizer” and “Scream & Shout”, which became a hit thanks to Will.I.Am. All her albums after “Greatest Hits: My Prerogative” flopped in Europe and now that charts are mostly based on streaming her fans won’t even be able to give her cute peaks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

I think it's some kind of scam. :gagasmile: Just click on the writers name, you'll find the most random songs ever and looking them up; none of them has anything related (they all are published by different labels and have different producers and writers and genres from breakbeat album from 2003 to country album in 2015). In fact some of the songs doesn't even exist and one of them was the most random self produced youtube music video from 2012 with like 5 views. Also googling the adress linked to the name reveals that the person with that name indeed exist in some random neighborhood in new york but googling his name otherwise has absolutely zero results. Could this be one of those copyright claim scams? :miley:

This

He is even credited on songs he has nothing to do with like this Teairra Marí song which was actually writen Yung Berg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Thinkin'AboutYou said:

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but I found this video of an alleged "snippet" of Lightness. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3lv4jfazEvE

They also claim she's releasing an album in September in the description :umwtf:

It's kind of a bop. It has a classic basic sound but more in Britney's iconic tone.  I don't know if it's a first single material though... but that would depend on the vocals.

It's most likely fake though lol.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, sibode said:

GURL I don't really think it's the same... I mean on the internet you find STEPHWONG MUSIC and it's lead by Reginald Peters.... But I cannot find anything bout him...

I was just checking on ASCAP the other songs by STEPHWONG / REGINALD PETERS and they're like minor artists and those song are kinda awful... Let's hope for the best!

Can you imagine if she went independent?  Ditching that useless RCA and her team, and doing it independent like some other artists have done before?

I actually wouldn't mind tbh.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Theo04t said:

idk if i really want something new from britney, obviously I'm a new fan and I want to experience a britney release for once, but at the same time we know the place in which is britney right now

Whether your an old fan or a new fan you should be ecstatic! Blackout came out during her darkest time and is still to this day my favorite album! Leave Britney alone, she is old enough to make her own decisions and THE LIGHTNESS IS COMING!!

2 hours ago, Phoenix777 said:

Whether your an old fan or a new fan you should be ecstatic! Blackout came out during her darkest time and is still to this day my favorite album! Leave Britney alone, she is old enough to make her own decisions and THE LIGHTNESS IS COMING!!

But what if it isn't her own decision??

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lorenzo said:

It sounds like sh*5 and it’s dated af. I hope it’s fake 

ofc its fake lol. suddenly a new song is registered and then in the next few hours aa instrumental was uploaded on youtube claiming its the new song.
i bet its one of the exhaler's youtube account. LOL

• Like 3