Kim Petras says she's changing up her sound

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Rising pop sensation, Kim Petras, says she's switching up her sound. :hideous:

She opened up to Hollywood Life about her forthcoming Coachella performance (pending it doesn't get cancelled like Ultra in Miami did).

“I want to just like jam pack it with the best of. I might have a new song or something. I’m definitely going to do stuff that I’ve never done. It’s a one-time only thing.”

She added: “I’m just going to try and have it sound a little different from anything that I’ve done and go somewhere completely else… that’s like saying nothing, but it’s saying a lot.”

Not sure how I feel about this. I think Kim is an amazing artist. She deserves more recognition from the GP. Generally speaking, her sound is relatively new still. There are far more people who have yet to discover her than not. I think she should continue to lean into the guilty pleasure pop bops. However, I also understand that artists need to continually evolve or they'll lose their fire. 

What do you guys think? Any Kim Petras fans in Exhale?

Also, I have yet to go to Coachella :katycry:

kim-petras-sound.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She works with Dr. Luke and I hate how she backtracked on loving Blaire White. :eeek: She DMed Blaire saying that she loved her. Blaire asked if she could post a screenshot on Twitter. Kim said that she could. Then Kim got called out by the woke Twitter crowd for supporting Blaire and she backtracked and did damage control by tweeting "**** Blaire White". We don't stan a wishy-washy bish who doesn't stand by her own words. :byesmoke:

:queenflopga:

9 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

She works with Dr. Luke and I hate how she backtracked on loving Blaire White. :eeek: She DMed Blaire saying that she loved her. Blaire asked if she could post a screenshot on Twitter. Kim said that she could. Then Kim got called out by the woke Twitter crowd for supporting Blaire and she backtracked and did damage control by tweeting "**** Blaire White". We don't stan a wishy-washy bish who doesn't stand by her own words. :byesmoke:

omg who cares if she works with him. jesus everything has to be so political and this obsession with cancel culture. she writes her own music and gives bop after bop. like seriously y'all got too much time on your hands just enjoy the bops :queenflopga:

2 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

omg who cares if she works with him. jesus everything has to be so political and this obsession with cancel culture. she writes her own music and gives bop after bop. like seriously y'all got too much time on your hands just enjoy the bops :queenflopga:

I mean, I'm not cancelling anyone (I literally said in another thread that "cancel culture is comical"). I just don't wanna give Dr. Luke any money. Listening to "Femme Fatale" feels bad enough already. :eeek: Besides, the Dr. Luke thing is not my main concern. I'm more concerned about the Blaire White thing. It left a bad taste in my mouth. :katyfrog:

1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Lolol I feel like you and me consume all the same content 😂

definitely v shady of Kim to do that to Blaire.

but to be fair I’ve “met” blaire in person when I used to work at Topman (she came in w her bf) and she’s pretty cold. 

Not rude by any means by I expressed my love for her and her videos and she gave me a piece of me meet and greet style head nod and thank you and kept it pushing. She could have been busy but she had the same energy when I saw her in WeHo months later. She acts like she loves her fans in videos tho :whatitellu:

not the same as what Kim did but just goes to show you who a person is and who they pretend to be are two different things.

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I feel like she’s a “fetch” artist. Everyone keeps trying to make her happen, but it’s just not working.  I listen to her music, and I’m like, ‘I should like this. This sounds similar to other music I like.’ But I just don’t like it.

I’m not proud of this but I’m a bit of a contrarian at heart. Once the gays fully latched on to her I kinda lost my stan card. It can be hard to appreciate someone or something when it’s being overhyped.

there is a kind of a different vibe to her too. Idk I don’t always like the way she makes me feel when I watch her. Might just be me being butthurt that she unfollowed 😂 idk I think there’s more to the story that she’s willing to work w dr luke. Now doja cat is too so I guess it’s okay to the GP, but I think she allegedly tweeted about Kesha being a liar and deleted it. We’ll probably never know the full truth.

this is code for "i'm ditching dr. luke so people will let me live" lol. i've personally found her music bland but idk. they would play heart to break in my campus dining hall SO much when i first started college in 2018, like for real i swear i thought she was way more famous than she is based on how much heart to break was on circulation there (they also played my my my by troye sivan and made me think he was considerably bigger than he is, like hes a big name but they had me thinkin' that song was like top ten of the year even tho it peaked at #80 on the BBH100. like they played it alongside new rules & i knew dua was massive so i assumed....) lmao i was like "..oh" when i found out she's on a similar level of music popularity as like rico nasty/st. vincent/danny brown (that's just an example of the tier i would put her on roughly lmao for some reason i had trouble picking contemporary popular musicians at that level as all i could think of were older musicians, lower tier artists that haven't had a strong break out yet like slayyyter, rina sawayama, kelela, or artists a several pegs higher in popularity like kali uchis, tove lo, janelle monae). it's worth noting doja cat hasn't gotten the same scrutiny for working w doctor luke (he produces for her under pseudonyms), **** one of his productions (say so) is blowing up rn. apparently she's signed to kemosabe so doesn't have as much of a say and signed before the kesha story broke whereas kim willingly works w him without even being signed to that label but i could have been misled on that info

also side note do any of y'all remember how long before she became a pop star she was in worldwide news for iirc having to pursue legal action to get a *** reassignment operation as a teenager in germany? it was in the late 2000s and when i realized it was the same girl i was like what the ****

On 3/5/2020 at 11:13 PM, GimmeBritney320 said:

Uhh... we care that she works with him because he's possibly a ****** (not sure what came out of the Kesha vs. Dr. Luke case)? Just a thought... :byebitch:

Like, yeah, I like Kim's music, but I don't like how she works with him. I really hope she ditches him for her next releases. She's already made electropop, trap, R&B and dance music, so if this'll be a whole new sound for her, I wonder what it'll be... maybe a ballad?

10 minutes ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

lmao for some reason i had trouble picking contemporary popular musicians at that level as all i could think of were older musicians, lower tier artists that haven't had a strong break out yet like slayyyter, rina sawayama, kelela, or artists a several pegs higher in popularity like kali uchis, tove lo, janelle monae).

Give queens Slayyyter, Rina and Tove Lo the promo they deserve! Stream "XS", "BFF" and "Bikini ****".

On 3/5/2020 at 5:01 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Who is this Blaire person, and why is all of this such a mess? 

I just enjoy this type of drama from time to time. Lol. 

Archived