Hulu offers a disappointing update regarding the 'Lizzie McGuire' reboot

Jordan Miller

On 2/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, ZoneGirl said:

I’d be surprised if the reboot got moved to Hulu. I don’t think Disney is gonna budge. Although I’m not interested in watching a watered-down show. 

I was rewatching Lizzie McGuire and, as the actors and such have stated, it really is relatable to true life middle school kids. I remember being that age and having similar experiences. I’d like to see the same thing explored with the characters having become adults. 

EXACTLY. I grew up with the show as a kid, and it was very fitting to what many of us were going through, etc. and now that we are grown up with Lizzie - I want it to be realistic still. Disney owes the fans that.

• Leader
11 hours ago, frederiickx said:

EXACTLY. I grew up with the show as a kid, and it was very fitting to what many of us were going through, etc. and now that we are grown up with Lizzie - I want it to be realistic still. Disney owes the fans that.

Yea exactly. I guess from their perspective they want kids to be introduced to the magic that Lizzie McGuire was. I get that, however... Lizzie was a tween then, and it wouldn't work if they got a new kid Lizzie. 

Get it together, Disney+

• 4 weeks later...
  • Leader

:umomg:

“There’s still conversations going on in hopes that we can find a way to meet in the middle and both bend a little bit,” she says. “I understand that they have to protect their brand and there’s pretty strict guidelines on what that looks like.”

:alook:

Adds Duff: “I just have to make sure it’s the right move for me and that I feel like I’m honoring her and the character, and that it will be relatable to the people who grew up with her because those are the people I really want to speak to.” 

Love, Victor had several teen drinking and pot scenes. That's why it moved. They even realized it wasn't their target audience 

They do have a gay character on the high school musical seried who kisses a giy at the finale. 

Just depends on the material

Love, Victor featured way too normal high school stuff for Disney 

On 2/29/2020 at 5:22 AM, jennyj said:

I don't see the issue here... there's lots of shows and movies with PG rating that are meant for adults with adult jokes and themes, that are still kind of 'family friendly'.  Heck, there's even PG shows/movies with non-nudity ***. What exactly does she want in this series that she can't do within a PG rating?  Anything more than that would be a bit much IMO.  If there's an issue, it's most likely with the creative team and writers not being good enough and pushing the boundaries. Lizzie has always been a show to watch with the family.  If she wants to go beyond PG with nudity or extreme themes, just do a totally different show on HBO or Showtime or Netflix 🤷‍♀️. I was really looking forward to this, but now my hopes are fading.

They are already spastic about gay themes on disney + let alone some skin showing if you aren’t a super hero.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

It definitely looks Like the reboot is basically not happening,  The CEO of Hulu said, "Neither Hilary or Disney made any attempts to talk about moving the show to Hulu".

To me it sounds like, It's not happening anymore. 

It definitely sounds like Hillary isn't getting the version her or Terri Minsky wanted, So it's pretty much a done deal. The reboot isn't happening anymore. 

Hilary was fighting a fight that she was going to lose since Disney owns the franchise to Lizzie McGuire. 

Whats funny is that I got Disney+ for free with my Verizon account, so when I heard about the reboot I was inclined to activate it. While I waited for the reboot I watched the classics but as soon as the news reported it was stalled I was like whaaaat...I have since then canceled my disney+ acct (even though it was free). Never used it tbh

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block