Where's everyone from?

nerdygeekgrl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, emmagphoto said:

Hola from Guatemala! :searching:

Perhaps no one will recall where my country is, but we are right next to Mexico ;)  

Reading ur from Guatemala just made me laugh. Not being rude, I promise. My mom had avocados and asked me to make her Guatemala. I looked at her, confused as hell, and asked "Do you mean Guacamole?" lol 

Now Guatemala is our inside joke lol 

So excited to be posting on here for the first time! As a Britney fan, I've always been aware of Exhale, but only started reading regularly since last Jan and finally got around to making an account now.

I'm from Madonna's hometown of Rochester Hills, Michigan, but I'm also of Indian descent, so I'm glad @ILikeChillinWithYou is representing us well. :hugs:

@nerdygeekgrl I want to pursue a career in entertainment, so I hope to move to NYC or another major industry city one day. Any advice or thoughts on what I can expect?

31 minutes ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

So excited to be posting on here for the first time! As a Britney fan, I've always been aware of Exhale, but only started reading regularly since last Jan and finally got around to making an account now.

I'm from Madonna's hometown of Rochester Hills, Michigan, but I'm also of Indian descent, so I'm glad @ILikeChillinWithYou is representing us well. :hugs:

@nerdygeekgrl I want to pursue a career in entertainment, so I hope to move to NYC or another major industry city one day. Any advice or thoughts on what I can expect?

As for nyc, it's not TOO difficult but I could be bias because I have so many friends who are actors. Not A list obviously (I WISH!) but they do independent work and they network w agents and such at shows, comic cons, etc.  I had a student last yr whose mom worked for Showtime. I was able to get free showtime lol! And my one friend now is in talks with Netflix to try and agree on a show he wrote.

If you ever do come to NYC, shoot me a message! I'll help you out as much as I can. 

I'm sure LA is worse. 

20 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

As for nyc, it's not TOO difficult but I could be bias because I have so many friends who are actors. Not A list obviously (I WISH!) but they do independent work and they network w agents and such at shows, comic cons, etc.  I had a student last yr whose mom worked for Showtime. I was able to get free showtime lol! And my one friend now is in talks with Netflix to try and agree on a show he wrote.

If you ever do come to NYC, shoot me a message! I'll help you out as much as I can. 

I'm sure LA is worse. 

Thank you so much! :sendinglove:

I visited for the first time last fall to celebrate my birthday/graduation and had the most incredible few days doing touristy things like going to show tapings and studio tours. I was so excited to tour Studio 8H of 30 Rock where all of Britney's iconic SNL moments took place. I even got to see JLo in person and briefly talk to/hug Ryan Seacrest during a taping of Live with Kelly and Ryan. I hope to at least visit again soon for a networking event or something.

51 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

@PokemonSpears I just asked my friend Mich, who lives in Mexico, about the "La Britney señal" gesture. She died laughing saying it's so true. She asked if us Americans call it the Britney finger lol. 

:blol: It's so true!  just last week someone mentioned it on television. I think it's more of a thing in the media, like, news portals, tv shows, radio, etc, than among the normal people, but yeah, everybody that lived in that year understands the reference.

38 minutes ago, CandyCoatedHeartShapes said:

Thank you so much! :sendinglove:

I visited for the first time last fall to celebrate my birthday/graduation and had the most incredible few days doing touristy things like going to show tapings and studio tours. I was so excited to tour Studio 8H of 30 Rock where all of Britney's iconic SNL moments took place. I even got to see JLo in person and briefly talk to/hug Ryan Seacrest during a taping of Live with Kelly and Ryan. I hope to at least visit again soon for a networking event or something.

Next time u come, let me know! I'll show u the best hot spots in NYC. A restaurant with a beach? I know where. A restaurant that turns into a club in the middle of the day? I can hook u up. I got u covered lol. 

4 hours ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Is Octoberfest really as crazy and epic as they make it seem?? 

Haha...well, it is crazy and really crowded. I love that almost everyone’s wearing Lederhos‘n and Dirndl . There’s also a gay night two times. Can be quite an eye candy :badgirl: Other than that it’s just really expensive. But if you come to MUC once feel (so) free (with you) to connect 😉

13 hours ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Reading ur from Guatemala just made me laugh. Not being rude, I promise. My mom had avocados and asked me to make her Guatemala. I looked at her, confused as hell, and asked "Do you mean Guacamole?" lol 

Now Guatemala is our inside joke lol 

LOL! That made me laugh also :rihannayas: 

Slay a bit your mom's tase on Guatemalacamole :bieber:

Archived