Robbie Williams wanted Christmas song duet with Britney

Slayer

Robbie Williams reached out to record a duet of Fairytale of New York with Britney Spears, and it would have been like Christmas come early if he’d pulled it off. The Angels singer has blessed us all with a new album – The Christmas Present – full of festive covers and some original bops. But the 45-year-old admitted he couldn’t coax the Toxic star into the studio with him for a collaboration. Speaking about why The Pogues’ banger didn’t make the list, he explained: ‘I wanted to do it with Britney Spears, but she’s not working, unfortunately.’

Source: The Metro

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney must be in such a weird limbo. Being on stage is her best thing, working is what she loves.. But if the rumors are true about her rejecting work until she is "free", she must feel so weird about everything. This could go on for years.

I worte this in a larry-thread, now I can post it here, after reading your comments:

I doesn't make sense to blame Larry, when the same fans call Britney Lazy, not promoting, not working, not doing anything at all really. 

Thats where I don't see it.. One second her team is flop for not putting her in movies, cameos, not taking notes from Taylor Swift, etc. and the next Britney works to much, is not proffesional enough...

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Robbie Williams reached out to record a duet of Fairytale of New York with Britney Spears, and it would have been like Christmas come early if he’d pulled it off. The Angels singer has blessed us all with a new album – The Christmas Present – full of festive covers and some original bops. But the 45-year-old admitted he couldn’t coax the Toxic star into the studio with him for a collaboration. Speaking about why The Pogues’ banger didn’t make the list, he explained: ‘I wanted to do it with Britney Spears, but she’s not working, unfortunately.’

Source: The Metro

This is actually the second time he has approached her for a collaboration! He really must be a fan :britlol:

robbie-williams.png

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

tbh, I don't think they even told her.

I really doubt Robbie personally spoke to her. I suppose it was Robbie's management and Britney's "management" aka Larry Rudolph. If they don't even talk anymore, I bet he was just like "nah, she's not working".

Let’s just hope that frog-faced reptile doesn’t take calls on Britney’s behalf anymore. 

• Super Mods

Well it doesn’t matter if Britney personally wanted to because her signature is worthless and Jodi works for the evil people so doubt she’ll approve on Jamie/Lou’s behalf. Probably why he said she’s not working meaning she probably wants to do it but can’t.  

Archived