So I just watched HIAM for the first time in a long time...

LiquoriceBabe

Back then, when it came out it seemed awesome. In hindsight, it's pretty clear that she was out of it, it's noticeable even with the many camera cuts meant to hide it. And we ate it up anyway.

You can tell she was going through the motions.

I feel terrible because back then I, among others, was super hyped about the era, feeding the money machine at the expense of her wellbeing. She didn't want to be there and you can tell.

The same applies for the FFT. I saw her live and for many years I refused to accept it but you could tell she didn't want to be there either.

#FreeBritney

giphy.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Femme Fatale era has always felt like whiteout (the lighter and less extreme sister to Blackout) bops upon bops while her personal life seemed to be crumbling in a less public way. She seemed really blank behind the eyes, and I remember reports of a mini breakdown. Her weird voice change was odd too (GMA announcement). 

Don’t feel bad. We were bamboozled.

Knowing what we know now, we can choose not to feed the machine anymore. That’s all we as fans can do. A lot of people (on exhale anyway,) don’t believe our money can be weaponized and actually make a difference, but I strongly disagree because I know how business works and it is all about the almighty dollar. 

34 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

Don’t feel bad. We were bamboozled.

Knowing what we know now, we can choose not to feed the machine anymore. That’s all we as fans can do. A lot of people (on exhale anyway,) don’t believe our money can be weaponized and actually make a difference, but I strongly disagree because I know how business works and it is all about the almighty dollar. 

Amen

I love the video. So did everyone else hence why it debuted at #1 and moved so many FF albums.

The final dance break is clearly “off” bc there are so many different cuts in editing and outfit changes, but other than that it was on point.

I also feel like I’m the only Britney fan who loves the song, though. People bash it constantly.

2 hours ago, colormefresh said:

I love the video. So did everyone else hence why it debuted at #1 and moved so many FF albums.

The final dance break is clearly “off” bc there are so many different cuts in editing and outfit changes, but other than that it was on point.

I also feel like I’m the only Britney fan who loves the song, though. People bash it constantly.

You’re not alone. I love FF and have stanned since it leaked online. It’s in my personal holy trinity and I’ve never understood the hate. It was truly innovative for its time and spearheaded the dubstep movement into mainstream.  

5 hours ago, colormefresh said:

Oh, I totally get what you mean. Everyone pays it dust. I’ve always loved it though. I would go as far as to say it’s in my top 5 favorite Britney songs. I just love how it builds with each chorus.

So I remember years ago a rumour broke that britney didn't wanna do the paint scene.

I noticed when watching it right now, that during the TV pillar scene, she doesnt move her arms in the face scenes and far scenes but suddenly, when you cant see her face, she does lots of graceful smooth arm movements

If you pause it at 2.30, you can see they edited her face onto the stand in body a la piece of me.

3 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

So I remember years ago a rumour broke that britney didn't wanna do the paint scene.

I noticed when watching it right now, that during the TV pillar scene, she doesnt move her arms in the face scenes and far scenes but suddenly, when you cant see her face, she does lots of graceful smooth arm movements

If you pause it at 2.30, you can see they edited her face onto the stand in body a la piece of me.

It happens twice but wow!

----

On  a weird note, i still enjoy this video lol. It's sad, but I think the video captures the manufacturedness of the Britney brand versus well britney. Britney going through the motions is the cherry on top

Archived