So I just watched HIAM for the first time in a long time...

LiquoriceBabe

I loved the song when it released. The album has heaps of bops too. I do agree the feeling around that era has impacted my love for the album. I do remember the **** storm over the paint story for the video too. 

But now that we can see the truth I think I can go back and appreciate it for a different reason. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like this is one of the main reasons or examples of why Britney after 11 years of career was still considered a "mainstream blonde popstar", cause this the exactly stereotype of a "manufactured pop artist's Music Video" :xfactorlook:: a catchy song, lot of makeup, choreography with a bunch of dancers, and a dry britney who was a out of herself just going with the flow following directions but who cares cuz with a little of editing, camera cuts, body doubles it will go unoticed. 

I hope Larry have paid the director (or the one who edited the video) really well, cuz we all believed it back then tbh :yeaok:

Still one of my fav songs... but I honestly hated the video.  I only enjoyed the last dance scene.  The rest of the video felt very low budget to me and she looked like she didn't want to do it.  The concept was cool though, just the execution with the director and editors was blah.  But it could have also been related to her being so drugged up during that time, so maybe that was the best footage they could work with.  Who knows.

I mean, it was pretty noticeable the change, especially in contrast to the previous era.

I don't know what's worse, being oblivious to the fact that something really wrong was happening behind the scenes like you, or going along with it anyways despite noticing it, like me.

I just felt thankful that she was still doing this. I accepted this was the "new Britney" and appreciated all she was giving us, despite the obvious fact that things weren't the same anymore, she didn't look the same, she didn't act the same, but I just couldn't turn my back on her. Not after all we went through the years before.

But then she got better in 2012, then even better in 2013, and so on until 2016 that each year it just felt more unbelievable to look back at 2011 and realize it happened, like, what was even that? Then in 2017 we started going down again, until we reached this year.

It's been a pretty wild and crazy decade, for Britney, for us fans. I hope there's a bright future around the corner and she can find happiness at last.

I love the video and song, but it's night and day with this era. Look how different she was from Circus era and now FF era. She seems like they have her completely medicated and drugged up. She probably didn't want to do it as she was allegedly promised that she would be free from c-ship if she toured for Circus, but then they went back on that. So what do they do? **** her up so they can force her to do what they want. It's very sad.

Archived