Break The Ice deserved Toxic's success and you all will agree

IonutM

I've always considered that BTI is the best song from Britney(even better than GP's fav song-Toxic) . The vocals, production, confidence, everything about this song is AMAZING. I even love the music video(I remember the video because of its anime theme, at that time this concept really grew on me). 

I think Britney should have released BTI as the lead single from Blackout and perform at the VMAs maybe with a powerful and shocking performance. 

"It's been a while

I know I shouldn't have kept you waiting

But I'm here now" 

Think how iconic this intro would've been after the breakdown. Imagine if BTI had a video comparable to Toxic money-wise, VMAs performance, good promotion.

Also, yesterday I discovered this FIRE remix from Trap Nation(I think this is the first Britney remix uploaded on this channel)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic song. When I first heard it when blackout came out I remember thinking why didn’t she use this song for the single? I also thought Toy Soldier would’ve been a single. But now in retrospect it makes sense. I think musically she’s keeping her options open by not releasing a song that good and the fan base has been waiting for something similar ever since. Something as epic and ominous sounding is just what we’ve been craving from Britney and I hope she has some good tricks up her sleeve.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, CristMont said:

AGREE :tiffhair:

Unfortunately we had 0 promo and a trashy anime video. Still ICONIQUE

If it was live action, the video would have slayed. I’ve been dying for a Britney video where she kicks ***.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Break the Ice is the best from Blackout, both the song and video. :mhm:

It deserved so much better.

2 hours ago, CristMont said:

AGREE :tiffhair:

Unfortunately we had 0 promo and a trashy anime video. Still ICONIQUE

40 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

If it was live action, the video would have slayed. I’ve been dying for a Britney video where she kicks ***.

But there was no chance of more promo.

She was busy focusing on custody hearings etc... That was what dominated her media coverage.  Not music.

OBviously Jive REcords took a risk of trying keeping her relevant as a tabloid figure and it didn't work from a music standpoint. 

40 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

But there was no chance of more promo.

She was busy focusing on custody hearings etc... That was what dominated her media coverage.  Not music.

OBviously Jive REcords took a risk of trying keeping her relevant as a tabloid figure and it didn't work from a music standpoint. 

Even with what we got, it deserved more recognition. That videoclip alone is marvelous, and the song is perfect. I can't believe fans may prefer Gimme More or Piece of Me which are some of her worst videos ever, over Break the Ice which is an animation masterpiece.

If people weren't so judgemental and so quick to dismiss it just because it's animated, it would've been so much more relevant than it is. In a Mexican music TV channel they used to play that video all the time. 

But I agree, if I had to make a decision, I would've postponed Blackout promo until her life was back together. It could've been re-released later in 2009 to promote it properly. 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:33 PM, IonutM said:

Also, yesterday I discovered this FIRE remix from Trap Nation(I think this is the first Britney remix uploaded on this channel)

I agree on the love for Break the Ice, but this remix is trash, like everything on this Trap Nation channel. :tbh:

Here are good remixes, true to the original:

(This one has even some outtake vocals:)

Archived