Giorgio Moroder releases new Tom’s Diner remix

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought this track was an after thought to RCA. Given how the lead single with Kylie minogue was all the rage the clubs cared for. Even went #1 on the dance clubs chart in the states. 

RCA really messed up. Should have followed up Right here, Right now. 

By the time a proper single was out. The interest by the media and GP in general was over when the October 2015 release happened. Obviously RCA gave him a budget. All of it went to the video with kylie minogue apparently. And oddly the only big promotion he did for this album and era was the opening act to the Australian leg of Kylie's kiss me once tour. So Tom's diner was a lost cause. 

3 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I always thought this track was an after thought to RCA. Given how the lead single with Kylie minogue was all the rage the clubs cared for. Even went #1 on the dance clubs chart in the states. 

RCA really messed up. Should have followed up Right here, Right now. 

By the time a proper single was out. The interest by the media and GP in general was over when the October 2015 release happened. Obviously RCA gave him a budget. All of it went to the video with kylie minogue apparently. And oddly the only big promotion he did for this album and era was the opening act to the Australian leg of Kylie's kiss me once tour. So Tom's diner was a lost cause. 

he did release a video for the Sia song didn't he?

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

he did release a video for the Sia song didn't he?

Yes but not as nearly mainly views with this one. This was really the only time he had the main collaborator in the video. Though as you see. He played second fiddle to Kylie as he should. This is his most viewed video on YouTube.  Sia comes second. With 7.3 million views. But that's a far cry from the 12 million this has. 

Archived