Giorgio Moroder releases new Tom’s Diner remix

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, ILuvMe said:

MTE, It smells staged, but why would they do this 4 years later? 

Maybe a re-release? Britney hasn't released anything since 2016, she might need a standalone single a la "Scream & Shout", "Ooh La La" and "Pretty Girls" to remind the GP she's still around and has something in the works?

If it gets us a TD music video, I'm fine with it.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:36 PM, ThatWasFun said:

Myah in the bridge though kills me. :joanne:

It's not Myah. I mean, it's also not Britney, but it's not Myah. Not nearly "nasally baby ****" enough.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:47 PM, Sacrifice said:

It's Britney on the bridge. We know she actually recorded it. 

Isn't the whole reason why Giorgio did it in the first place was because she DIDN'T? :umok:

A simple Google search would tell you she did not record a bridge for the track and he had to add one in.

Also, it definitely sounds like a background singer vocal layer on the 2019 edit. It's not her main vocal track.

“With Britney, I still have to work with her," he told Official Charts. We started with the main part [of the song] but I’ve added a bridge to it, so as soon as she’s free we have to finish that.

"She’s difficult to get in contact with! One thing I noticed is that the singers themselves are so involved these days. One of the problems with working with Britney is that now she’s so busy - for example she's in Vegas - and she has contracts that say she can’t do certain things. She cannot do a video because of I don’t know exactly what. It’s different from the way I used to work."

Asked how the collaboration came about, he explained: “I spoke to her on the phone. She called me and told me she wanted to do the song – it was her idea and she wanted to do it together in the studio, but unfortunately I was in Europe.

"I heard the track and I only changed a little bit – she did a good job with it actually. I hope she finds the time to do the little bridge – it’s just eight bars. I’m going to meet her soon and tell her!"https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/britney-spears-did-a-good-job-with-collaboration-giorgio-moroder-reveals__7868/

Giorgio is so random, I love it! :clap::carpoolney:

The remix is good and I am also intrigued by why a woman's voice was added to his voice for the bridge.

6 hours ago, Mc54 said:

A simple Google search would tell you she did not record a bridge for the track and he had to add one in.

Also, it definitely sounds like a background singer vocal layer on the 2019 edit. It's not her main vocal track.

“With Britney, I still have to work with her," he told Official Charts. We started with the main part [of the song] but I’ve added a bridge to it, so as soon as she’s free we have to finish that.

"She’s difficult to get in contact with! One thing I noticed is that the singers themselves are so involved these days. One of the problems with working with Britney is that now she’s so busy - for example she's in Vegas - and she has contracts that say she can’t do certain things. She cannot do a video because of I don’t know exactly what. It’s different from the way I used to work."

Asked how the collaboration came about, he explained: “I spoke to her on the phone. She called me and told me she wanted to do the song – it was her idea and she wanted to do it together in the studio, but unfortunately I was in Europe.

"I heard the track and I only changed a little bit – she did a good job with it actually. I hope she finds the time to do the little bridge – it’s just eight bars. I’m going to meet her soon and tell her!"https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/britney-spears-did-a-good-job-with-collaboration-giorgio-moroder-reveals__7868/

Maybe she did record the bridge at some point? (I know this is 99% unlikely but a guy can dream) :juggingu:

On 7/15/2019 at 7:48 AM, Mc54 said:

She cannot do a video because of I don’t know exactly what.

Off topic but do y'all remember this? Miley said the same thing when it came to releasing Bangerz as a single. I wonder what all this was about?

Back on topic, I definitely thought of Myah when I first heard the new bridge. The "love is the..." part reminded me of her a lot. But when she goes into the lower register "til the morning after..." it sounded a lot like Brit's lower register.
The full quote is interesting because he added this after the fact she did the initial recordings. Maybe this woman can pull off Britney's voice better than Myah? lol

On 7/17/2019 at 11:31 AM, troubleguy said:

i think Brit and Suzanne Vega should do the live performance with totaly acapella version at some music awards..new iconic pop history is guaranteed. :yesplease: its not that hard to sing it live...so yeah :tiffanynod:

she don't even do WB or Freakshow live :mj:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived