What if she sung live?

26 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Says who? :tiffcackle: Definitely not the majority of the people who bought tickets to her sold out shows. Those people are just fine with Britney pretending to sing.

I don't accept her lipsyching as 'OK'. I am embarrassed everytime she lipsychs a televised performance but I can still enjoy her dancing, the music, and the overall performance. Britney is not Taylor Swift. Taylor and team are going to do what Taylor & team want to do. Britney and team are going to do what Britney & team want to do.

For the past ...uh...19 years(?) a lot of Britney fans have been vocal about their dislike for Britney's lipsyching. Surely by now Britney and team get the messages but ,in the end, they are going to do what they want to do.  Its been 12 years since Britneys breakdown and she has yet to return to full form. She has not picked up where she left off as the artist she was blossoming into with "In the Zone" and her skills as a performer never fully returned. The only thing Britney and team have improved on is Britneys music, even though they royally screwed up releasing Brenda Joan.

I have accepted that Britney never fully returned and probably won't ever return to fully evolve into the artist & performer that we knew she was capable of becoming before her trauma. Because I have accepted this, I'm not too upset about Britneys' shortcomings as an artist & performer. I feel she is still is wounded but is trying to live her best life. I appreciate her effort even if I don't love the results.

I will always encourage Britney do better but I'm not going to give anymore meaningless ultimatums that will most likely do more damage than good for both Britney and myself.

Well obviously people who don't like her won't care but it's something you'd think she'd want to do if she really cared about being an artist. You can say she's focussed on the performance itself but without actual vocals, there's no point seeing her in concert as you're essentially paying to watch her dance. She barely talks to the audience (or at least she didn't on the European tour) and all you're left with is a woman dancing around to music. I can do that myself at home thanks. I'm happy for her that she can still sell out shows but without live vocals, I have to question whether I'd want to see her again. People on here will say I'm not a real fan and I don't demand anything from Britney because it's her show but she really lets herself down by not even doing one or two songs completely live without the dancing. I don't know how it is in America but every singer I've seen has sung live and it's embarrassing that everyone refers to Britney as the Queen of lip sync because we can't defend her. You can say she's a great performer and don't get me wrong, she puts on a show but considering she was so perfect and now shs puts in half the effort today's stars do, it's hard to support her. I support her as a person and in terms of her music but as a touring artist, it's not great.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

Well obviously people who don't like her won't care but it's something you'd think she'd want to do if she really cared about being an artist. You can say she's focussed on the performance itself but without actual vocals, there's no point seeing her in concert as you're essentially paying to watch her dance. She barely talks to the audience (or at least she didn't on the European tour) and all you're left with is a woman dancing around to music. I can do that myself at home thanks. I'm happy for her that she can still sell out shows but without live vocals, I have to question whether I'd want to see her again. People on here will say I'm not a real fan and I don't demand anything from Britney because it's her show but she really lets herself down by not even doing one or two songs completely live without the dancing. I don't know how it is in America but every singer I've seen has sung live and it's embarrassing that everyone refers to Britney as the Queen of lip sync because we can't defend her. You can say she's a great performer and don't get me wrong, she puts on a show but considering she was so perfect and now shs puts in half the effort today's stars do, it's hard to support her. I support her as a person and in terms of her music but as a touring artist, it's not great. 

If you don't want to pay to see her lipsych, don't pay to see her lipsych. Noone is telling you to turn in your fan/stan card if you don't pay to see Britney live. Simply don't go next time and don't worry about what fans or haters are going to say about your stan-hood.

I feel an anti tour like Kylie Minogue's would be the best idea for her. Or Madonna's Tears of a Clown.

Sit there and sing some songs you like that maybe weren't singles, or didn't have much success. Some B-sides and unreleased songs and she'd have the whole fandom united. We don't even know what songs she's recorded she likes, but my dream anti show would be:

• Unusual You
  • Breathe on Me (she could sing it on a lower key)
  • Why Should I Be Sad
  • Just Like Me
  • Private Show
  • The Beat Goes On/Satisfaction/I Love Rock & Roll medley
  • To Love, Let Go
  • Just Yesterday/Little Me
  • State of Grace
  • Someday (I Will Understand)
  • Mona Lisa
3 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

If you don't want to pay to see her lipsych, don't pay to see her lipsych. Noone is telling you to turn in your fan/stan card if you don't pay to see Britney live. Simply don't go next time and don't worry about what fans or haters are going to say about your stan-hood.

I'm not annoyed for my sake. I'm annoyed because she actually has a decent voice and she should show it off instead of hiding it away. 

3 minutes ago, Commotion said:

I feel an anti tour like Kylie Minogue's would be the best idea for her. Or Madonna's Tears of a Clown.

Sit there and sing some songs you like that maybe weren't singles, or didn't have much success. Some B-sides and unreleased songs and she'd have the whole fandom united. We don't even know what songs she's recorded she likes, but my dream anti show would be:

• Unusual You
  • Breathe on Me (she could sing it on a lower key)
  • Why Should I Be Sad
  • Just Like Me
  • Private Show
  • The Beat Goes On/Satisfaction/I Love Rock & Roll medley
  • To Love, Let Go
  • Just Yesterday/Little Me
  • State of Grace
  • Someday (I Will Understand)
  • Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa ? That would be amazing for Britney. Even just more interaction with the audience at this point would be something, rather than "urgh, is the show nearly over yet?" I'm not saying she doesn't want to be there on stage and I'm not saying she needs to give 110% each show but fans pay good money. If you don't want to be there performing and singing, don't waste everyone's time. If she took control again like you said, things would be a million times better.

1 minute ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

Mona Lisa ? That would be amazing for Britney. Even just more interaction with the audience at this point would be something, rather than "urgh, is the show nearly over yet?" I'm not saying she doesn't want to be there on stage and I'm not saying she needs to give 110% each show but fans pay good money. If you don't want to be there performing and singing, don't waste everyone's time. If she took control again like you said, things would be a million times better.

my inspiration was mainly this too 

She could do the fan interaction, a little story about why she likes the song/how she felt the first time she heard it, and then performing it with live instruments. Doesn't even need to deliver an awesome vocal performance, just something for the fans. Or even if she just stood on stage for 10 minutes talking about how she loves the songs on Glory, going one by one and saying something about how they came to be, and then singing something she likes. She doesn't really need to be dancing all the time, it's kind of old now cus we all know what she's going to do.

Also about Mona Lisa, it'd be the perfect concert closer, and I'm sure she could say so much about it.

1 hour ago, mrjt1986 said:

I don’t think it’s a case of singing live I think it’s a case of her team allowing her mic volume to be turned up. I honestly believe she is singing a lot of the show but her team refuse to let us hear it. When she was pissed saying she always sings live and isn’t appreciated for it, I think she genuinely believes she does and maybe isn’t allowed to see playback from her shows so doesn’t actually know we can’t hear it.

I agree with this tho :janet: 

this is good, boiling tea and should clearly be considered in the same way everyone considers that she “doesn’t sing live”, cause I still believe she does :wow:

4 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Britney would sound amazing, it makes me sad that her label chooses not to...

she is a great vocalist tbh, despite the hate, she has one of the best voices in pop. Don’t Hang Up, Shadow, State Of Grace, countless examples show that she is great and everyone who thinks the opposite is D E L U S I O N A L

I agree with you but the sad part is that out of the ones you mentioned, 2 of them aren't on regular editions and one of those is unreleased. That says a lot about her label.

3 minutes ago, Commotion said:

I agree with you but the sad part is that out of the ones you mentioned, 2 of them aren't on regular editions and one of those is unreleased. That says a lot about her label.

Exactly! They want her to stick to the teen pop brand even tho she is already almost forty years old! It’s time to let her use her voice more and become more experimental imo, like Madonna did after Ray of light.

51 minutes ago, Commotion said:

my inspiration was mainly this too 

She could do the fan interaction, a little story about why she likes the song/how she felt the first time she heard it, and then performing it with live instruments. Doesn't even need to deliver an awesome vocal performance, just something for the fans. Or even if she just stood on stage for 10 minutes talking about how she loves the songs on Glory, going one by one and saying something about how they came to be, and then singing something she likes. She doesn't really need to be dancing all the time, it's kind of old now cus we all know what she's going to do.

Also about Mona Lisa, it'd be the perfect concert closer, and I'm sure she could say so much about it.

Yes! Even if she didn't sing live, that would be something! It would help us connect with her a bit more instead of us just dancing to the music.

56 minutes ago, Intheblue said:

She will only sing live when she actually use her voice . The one she used on the today she can’t do for a whole show .

let her just sing like this which is the best she has ever sang and have it be done

I think Britneys nose job in the late 2000's affected her singing voice. Also, she has poor microphone technique/experience. I don't think we've actually seen Britney use a live microphone to correctly project her voice. There are performances where she uses a stage and hand held mic but she doesn't position the microphone nor her self correctly to sound her best.  I don't think she ever learned because she used headsets most of the time when she sang live and then quickly became a full on lipsycher. But really, I think her nose jobs affected her voice.

I think she’s been doing her shows the same way her entire career, what would it hurt to have more live/acapella moments? Especially since she’s barely a dancer anymore. Idk why they won’t experiment with it. Ppl went crazy in the crowd when she sang stta. So maybe ppl would like to hear her natural voice more. She has all the money in the world to experiment. And if it doesn’t work out, oh well. I just feel like her career is the same old same ole at this point. 

It's completely doable. Taylor Swift doesn't have the strongest voice but uses the Live AutoTune box and compression for vocal help singing live. With some good mixing, sound engineering, and practice, our girl could pull it off.

EDIT: Oh yeah and if she quit smoking. Lol what kind of management lets a singer smoke. It's literally your job to keep your voice healthy. 

Why tf is everyone comparing Britney to Taylor Swift??? They’re not even close to being in the same category. Britney has been doing the same type of performances her entire career. Of course we would love a live moment, but we all know that’s not how her shows work. We go to watch her dance and put on show. If you don’t like it then don’t go. There are plenty of other people who will go to support our Queen. :bparty:

9 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Why tf is everyone comparing Britney to Taylor Swift??? They’re not even close to being in the same category. Britney has been doing the same type of performances her entire career. Of course we would love a live moment, but we all know that’s not how her shows work. We go to watch her dance and put on show. If you don’t like it then don’t go. There are plenty of other people who will go to support our Queen. :bparty:

The point is people shouldn't be okay with lazy performances. You say "if you don't like it, then don't go" but as Britney fans, we should be allowed to hear our favourite songs live, like other fanbases get to. Do you think the rest of us don't want to be there? Of course we do, but not when the quality of the show is so poor. A few dance moves can't make up for that. And I can compare Britney to Taylor, Gaga, Katy etc because they all know how to put on a good show, whereas Britney doesn't. Britney was the only concert I've ever been to where I genuinely felt bored during certain parts and that's because the vocals were fake, she barely talked to the audience and she seemed like she couldn't wait to be done. I did mostly enjoy the show and danced/sung along but it's a shame that of all the pop girls, she has the best catalogue and yet we'll never get to hear it live.

8 hours ago, Don'tTellMeToShutMyEyes said:

The point is people shouldn't be okay with lazy performances. You say "if you don't like it, then don't go" but as Britney fans, we should be allowed to hear our favourite songs live, like other fanbases get to. Do you think the rest of us don't want to be there? Of course we do, but not when the quality of the show is so poor. A few dance moves can't make up for that. And I can compare Britney to Taylor, Gaga, Katy etc because they all know how to put on a good show, whereas Britney doesn't. Britney was the only concert I've ever been to where I genuinely felt bored during certain parts and that's because the vocals were fake, she barely talked to the audience and she seemed like she couldn't wait to be done. I did mostly enjoy the show and danced/sung along but it's a shame that of all the pop girls, she has the best catalogue and yet we'll never get to hear it live.

As a Britney fan you should know that she’s lipsynched almost every tour/performance since her DWAD tour, except for the 1-2 ballads she’d sing live. You’re acting like this is a recent thing and she’s just lazy now and doesn’t sing live anymore. Even in her prime she never sang live. Of course I’d love to hear her live but the reality of the fact is that’s how she’s performed for the last almost 20 years. I doubt that will change anytime soon. Live vocals or not, I still think she puts on a great show! Sorry you can’t say the same. She’s Britney. She’s not a Taylor, Katey, or a Gaga. So again, if you’re really that bored at her shows like you say, then don’t go. There are plenty of fans who will gladly take your seat. :bedtime:

Archived