What if she sung live?

3 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

As a Britney fan you should know that she’s lipsynched almost every tour/performance since her DWAD tour, except for the 1-2 ballads she’d sing live. You’re acting like this is a recent thing and she’s just lazy now and doesn’t sing live anymore. Even in her prime she never sang live. Of course I’d love to hear her live but the reality of the fact is that’s how she’s performed for the last almost 20 years. I doubt that will change anytime soon. Live vocals or not, I still think she puts on a great show! Sorry you can’t say the same. She’s Britney. She’s not a Taylor, Katey, or a Gaga. So again, if you’re really that bored at her shows like you say, then don’t go. There are plenty of fans who will gladly take your seat. :bedtime:

It was completely justified then, though - and the vocals weren't two decades old. I mean, if Britney continues performing into her 40s, would fans not like to see some sort of evolution? Continuing to lip sync while dancing like she currently does isn't going to cement her legacy in a positive way. I'd love to see her come out and kill routines with some pre-recorded vocals or sing over the track but what's the likelihood of that? The cd track stops after each track, then the next one comes on - to me that's not a live experience. In her prime, there was audience interaction, some vocal interjections, mic was often on, and of course the choreography was tight. I don't think Britney has ever been as disconnected from her audience as she has been these past 3 tours.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Alexa said:

It was completely justified then, though - and the vocals weren't two decades old. I mean, if Britney continues performing into her 40s, would fans not like to see some sort of evolution? Continuing to lip sync while dancing like she currently does isn't going to cement her legacy in a positive way. I'd love to see her come out and kill routines with some pre-recorded vocals or sing over the track but what's the likelihood of that? The cd track stops after each track, then the next one comes on - to me that's not a live experience. In her prime, there was audience interaction, some vocal interjections, mic was often on, and of course the choreography was tight. I don't think Britney has ever been as disconnected from her audience as she has been these past 3 tours.

I completely agree! I’ve said in every post that I would die to get live performances. I’d even be happy about new pre-recorded tracks. Unfortunately, I don’t see that ever happening. Whether it’s Brit herself, or her team, there is comfort in doing things the same way they’ve been done for years. Which ultimately, like you said, is hurting her legacy. I wish they could see that things like this would actually catapult her image and career. Until then.... I’ll be anticipating 

11 minutes ago, Pfefferminz said:

Brtiney coming to you, live... on Instagram.

To me it's pretty clear from these she enjoys singing, but she's so self-conscious of her voice that she doesn't have any idea what to do with it. If she ever takes it seriously again, I hope she finds a vocal coach who can help deconstruct this technique she's been using for the majority of her career. She's not going to sing like she did on Star Search again, but some kind of middle ground between the best vocals from BOMT and her pre-fame performance of Silent Night would be perfect.

Just now, Alexa said:

To me it's pretty clear from these she enjoys singing, but she's so self-conscious of her voice that she doesn't have any idea what to do with it. If she ever takes it seriously again, I hope she finds a vocal coach who can help deconstruct this technique she's been using for the majority of her career. She's not going to sing like she did on Star Search again, but somewhere middle ground between the best vocals from BOMT and her pre-fame performance of Silent Night would be perfect.

True, but how come she doesn't even pre-record her vocals? That's just pure laziness and shows that she doesn't care. 

6 minutes ago, Pfefferminz said:

True, but how come she doesn't even pre-record her vocals? That's just pure laziness and shows that she doesn't care. 

Another mystery. Although, POM originally had a decent amount of pre-recorded vocals - not enough to be convincing, but still an added element to the songs. They seemed to get thrown out after the revamp.

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

To me it's pretty clear from these she enjoys singing, but she's so self-conscious of her voice that she doesn't have any idea what to do with it. If she ever takes it seriously again, I hope she finds a vocal coach who can help deconstruct this technique she's been using for the majority of her career. She's not going to sing like she did on Star Search again, but some kind of middle ground between the best vocals from BOMT and her pre-fame performance of Silent Night would be perfect.

I think that's part of the problem. Even though she claims she sings live, I think she is worried people won't like her real voice but it'd be great if she went "screw it", loosened up and did at least 1 song totally live. Most people at the concert would support her. I can't imagine her fans would boo her for doing something we've all been waiting for since forever, however good or bad she sounds and as for the media, screw them too. I wish she was more confident in her voice.

2 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

As a Britney fan you should know that she’s lipsynched almost every tour/performance since her DWAD tour, except for the 1-2 ballads she’d sing live. You’re acting like this is a recent thing and she’s just lazy now and doesn’t sing live anymore. Even in her prime she never sang live. Of course I’d love to hear her live but the reality of the fact is that’s how she’s performed for the last almost 20 years. I doubt that will change anytime soon. Live vocals or not, I still think she puts on a great show! Sorry you can’t say the same. She’s Britney. She’s not a Taylor, Katey, or a Gaga. So again, if you’re really that bored at her shows like you say, then don’t go. There are plenty of fans who will gladly take your seat. :bedtime:

I am aware she's lipsynced since back then. I never got to see her on her FF tour and last year was the first time she'd toured here in the UK since all those years ago. I just hoped maybe things would be a little bit different now but she's obviously not going to change. I'm not saying the show was horrible as she had people dancing and having fun but I do have to wonder if she was having fun herself. I think the reason it bothers me is because they're just blasting cd vocals through the speakers and because she barely talked, it felt like you're not really seeing Britney Spears in concert; you're just seeing Britney Spears dance. Don't get me wrong, you're still seeing Britney Spears but if her mic's switched off the whole time and she's just focussed on dancing, it feels tense and not as relaxed or fun as a concert should be. It's like she's hiding from us and it becomes kind of like "why are we here if she doesn't want to be?"

2 hours ago, Alexa said:

This. As much as I love Britney, it didn't feel like a concert should. It didn't feel like a live experience as you said. You're also bang on when you say she's disconnected. I could understand that after all the things that have happened in her life but if she really doesn't like touring and it's only to please her team/label/the people she makes money for, she should put herself first and do what makes her happy. Otherwise, she should work on improving her shows.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:40 PM, nonoiseplz said:

I think Britneys nose job in the late 2000's affected her singing voice. Also, she has poor microphone technique/experience. I don't think we've actually seen Britney use a live microphone to correctly project her voice. There are performances where she uses a stage and hand held mic but she doesn't position the microphone nor her self correctly to sound her best.  I don't think she ever learned because she used headsets most of the time when she sang live and then quickly became a full on lipsycher. But really, I think her nose jobs affected her voice.

I never thought of this . Her nose job probably did effect her voice .. wow 

Archived