Whats Britney worst mv? Lets decide once for all

Whats Britney worst mv? Lets decide once for all  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, samwoods321 said:

Oh la la was dogshit, but it was for a film. So my second worse is work *****. I was so hyped for that and was so disappointed. 

wow! the delusion is real 

20 hours ago, umr3000 said:

Personally I feel the weakest music videos’s which Britney has starrred in are: 

From The Bottom of My Broken Heart (bland and forgettable) 

Gimme More (Britney was a total mess) 

Radar (the visuals and song just don’t go well together and it’s filled with far too many glamour shots) 

...Make Me (featuring G-Eazy) (a massive disappointment and does not do Britney or the song any justice - very uninspired) 

Now... of all the music videos that Britney has ever released I’ve got to say “Break The Ice” is the worst as it does not feature Britney herself and the animation just doesn’t work or go with the song - has zero repeat value for me). 

I can understand why you'd think that of GM and Radar (even tho she looks stunning on the glamour shots)

but FTBOMBH is such a cute video and the anime of BTI fits PERFECTLY with the song.

20 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

No, it shouldn't have happened that way. 

If so, then we should justify MM, Perfume, etc, because of the circumstances of Britney at the time: conservatorship, residency in Vegas, she's a mom now, etc. 

you're reaching sis... nothing will compare to the Blackout era and how Britney was not in a good place. 

1 hour ago, 3isacharm said:

you're reaching sis... nothing will compare to the Blackout era and how Britney was not in a good place. 

Well, I'm not the one saying so. Everybody in here keeps saying how she's beeing exploited by her father and family and how the conservatorship is ruining her life and desires to do something with her career and what not. 

In any case, there's never an excuse for a bad video. It wasn't excusable in 2007, it wasn't excusable in 2013 nor 2016 either

You're in the right place to keep going on with your career? Then go and slay and don't do anything less than excellent. You're not in the right place or state of mind? Then go to rehab or stay home but don't go and do that mess of videoclip, twice. 

We're judging the final product here, not the effort or the intention or Britney's circumstances at the time of shooting each video. And GM and POM are bad, and so it's MM and PG maybe. 

23 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, my experience was the opposite.

All the people I knew, straight gay or whatever, that used to like Britney before, stopped liking her or considering her "cool" or **** precisely when Blackout came out, and not so much the album 'cause I doubt they even cared to listen to it, but just the combo of VMA's performance, and those two trashy videos, was enough for them to finally confirm she was over with her career and image, if they still had any doubts after all of her public "scandals". 

The mark it left behind was so big, that even when Circus and FF came out, and all of their singles, it's as if they were unable to see that Britney could still be cool, it's as if the Britney we've had since then is a different person and they don't make the connection that is the same Britney from Oops, Toxic, BOMT, etc, which they think she ended her career with Blackout.

Like that ever happened. Honey, I like you, but your Blackout hate is clouding your judgement. :umok:

I heard Get Naked (I Got a Plan) in a club recently. Never heard It Should Be Easy or Chillin' with You. :jfallonlol:

Blackout will still be played and iconic in 20 years. Bétadine Josette is already passé. :whatitellu:

22 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

Like that ever happened. Honey, I like you, but your Blackout hate is clouding your judgement. :umok:

I heard Get Naked (I Got a Plan) in a club recently. Never heard It Should Be Easy or Chillin' with You. :jfallonlol:

Blackout will still be played and iconic in 20 years. Bétadine Josette is already passé. :whatitellu:

The only thing that saved the whole BJ mess to be completely forgotten was WB, both song and mv that became iconic 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, I'm not the one saying so. Everybody in here keeps saying how she's beeing exploited by her father and family and how the conservatorship is ruining her life and desires to do something with her career and what not. 

In any case, there's never an excuse for a bad video. It wasn't excusable in 2007, it wasn't excusable in 2013 nor 2016 either

You're in the right place to keep going on with your career? Then go and slay and don't do anything less than excellent. You're not in the right place or state of mind? Then go to rehab or stay home but don't go and do that mess of videoclip, twice. 

We're judging the final product here, not the effort or the intention or Britney's circumstances at the time of shooting each video. And GM and POM are bad, and so it's MM and PG maybe. 

PG maybe? :nonoNO:

26 minutes ago, If U Seek Me said:

And Exhale's adoration for Blackout is cute, but ya'll won't tell me her popularity is the same after that album came out. Or why does so many people ignore everything she's released ever since, INCLUDING that album? 

And I'm not talking about some club or people that's into pop culture like us, I'm talking about people in general. Britney's music used to be universally loved, or at least KWOWN, by all ages, all genders, all nationalities and religions and I'm talking about old teachers at my school knowing her songs or some random lady at the supermarket, my friends' parents and grandparents, etc. 

Blackout came out, and all of that stopped. And it was never the same. Yeah, sure she gained lots of different, new fans, mostly the gay communities, but it was never comparable to what she had before. And it's not that the music is bad or good, I think that album just came out in a moment when people were already starting to turn against her, but Britney Spears is an artist that reached her fame and popularity in big part thanks to her music videos, her visuals. She had the chance to prove the world how wrong they were with the criticism and judgement if GM, POM or any other song received a music video up to the Britney standards. 

If Britney looked as great and the videos were so well done as Womanizer or Circus, THAT would've been the ultimate "**** you" to all the media and haters. It would've been like "hey, you think my life is a mess, but I'm here still slaying, being the best out there". Instead, she basically proved them right by showing how her personal issues were finally touching her career choices with those atrocious videos. 

6 hours ago, If U Seek Me said:

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

And Exhale's adoration for Blackout is cute, but ya'll won't tell me her popularity is the same after that album came out. Or why does so many people ignore everything she's released ever since, INCLUDING that album? 

And I'm not talking about some club or people that's into pop culture like us, I'm talking about people in general. Britney's music used to be universally loved, or at least KWOWN, by all ages, all genders, all nationalities and religions and I'm talking about old teachers at my school knowing her songs or some random lady at the supermarket, my friends' parents and grandparents, etc. 

Blackout came out, and all of that stopped. And it was never the same. Yeah, sure she gained lots of different, new fans, mostly the gay communities, but it was never comparable to what she had before. And it's not that the music is bad or good, I think that album just came out in a moment when people were already starting to turn against her, but Britney Spears is an artist that reached her fame and popularity in big part thanks to her music videos, her visuals. She had the chance to prove the world how wrong they were with the criticism and judgement if GM, POM or any other song received a music video up to the Britney standards. 

If Britney looked as great and the videos were so well done as Womanizer or Circus, THAT would've been the ultimate "**** you" to all the media and haters. It would've been like "hey, you think my life is a mess, but I'm here still slaying, being the best out there". Instead, she basically proved them right by showing how her personal issues were finally touching her career choices with those atrocious videos. 

He's right. Britney used to be the most famous person in the world and she still was for a couple more years after blackout, but it stopped being because of her music after BO. And I'm saying this as someone who bought blackout back in 2007 as a 10 year old. Britney's music started to become a 'gays only' thing right after that (except for certain, too GP appealing singles like Womanizer and S&S) and I know a lot of you love womanizer and I do too but I think it switches from her classic, most successful singles like BOMT Oops and Toxic into something less britney spears and more of generic pop. I don't even need to explain why that statement applies to S&S too 

Anyways, that is off topic. I consider Perfume to be her worst video. I don't really like any of her looks in it, the mattress scenes are the biggest cliché in her videography, she isn't even the one jumping into the pool, and I don't really remember the rest of it because I haven't watched it since 2013 but, it was terrbile. A terrible video for a terrible song. Pretty girls could've been good with less cringe worthy scenes but it was a mess too, so I'd put that one second and for third place I'll go with make me, but not only because it is boring and uninspired, but because of the excessive ads. what the hell was that, so annoying 

the only correct answer:

1. break the ice / kill the lights (as she's not even in them)
  2. make me (no explanation) 
  3. radar (very sloppy, poorly-made video. her cheapest and tackiest looking video to date. felt like i was watching a kohl's commercial.)
  4. 3 (another sloppy, poorly-made video. no flavour to it at all. very bland, tacky, cheap and generic. also, who tf let her go on set with those choppy extensions? that alone makes it a disastrous video.)
  5. pretty girls (not that it's an awful and/or a sloppy-directed video necessarily but more-so how it was just embarrassing for her standards. the song is garbage and she looked like a mess with those horrible outfits so it did her no favors.)

honorable mentions:

• gimme more (her first lackluster / underwhelming video)
  • work ***** (not necessarily a bad video but too generic-looking)
  • perfume (a snoozefest. the video goes nowhere but I did enjoy the indie vibes she served ngl)
  • slumber party (same as what i said above. too generic of a video.)

Archived