When do you wish Britney would have done the Super Bowl?

Brunetteknee

I always wish Britney would’ve done it in 2002 or 2004. 2002 because it was in Louisiana and that would’ve been at the peak of her fame. I can just imagine seeing primeney doing a dwad kind of thing for it :yesplease:  

2004 is my second choice because I JUST KNOW she would’ve done an iconic toxic preformance. Flopstin Timberflop should’ve never been invited that year. :well: If they would’ve let godney preform, there would not have been a nipplegate. :tiffanynod:

Also 2010 maybe or 2015 would’ve been cool. But 2002 is when I really think she should’ve done it. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m actually glad she didn’t do it in the first few years of her career. It’s always cooler when a legend comes back to the halftime show rather than a new star, no matter how big they are. 2012/2013 (as far as her fame, not her performance skills) or 2015/2016 would’ve been ideal, but I think she  could pull off an amazing show anytime if she worked hard. 

The best time is next hear with the new single. 

Imagine, we won’t her news, nobody knows who’s gonna perform to Super Bowl, then the day comes and BRITNEY SPEARS appears on the stage like MJ at his Super Bowl or like her entrance at AMAs 2004. 

I know i’m Dreaming but it could be so AMAZIIIING

Performance wise, probably 2004 would've been ideal, but I doubt she would've included the classics like Crazy, Stronger, etc, so probably the setlist would've been very similar to the ITZ promo tour:

• Toxic
  • (I Got That) Boom Boom
  • Breathe on Me
  • I'm a Slave 4 U / Boys
  • Me Against the Music

which wouldn't have been as iconic, I think. And if she incldued BOMT or Oops it would've been that awful cabaret remix :ugh:

If it was Britney era, it probably would've been:

• Oops!... I Did It Again
  • (You Drive Me) Crazy
  • Stronger
  • Lucky
  • ...Baby One More Time
  • I'm a Slave 4 U

which is fine, but not so powerful.

So I think the ideal time, hits wise and performance wise would've been 2016 - 2017. She was performing good, and it would've given a higher chance of a more varied setlist of hits (in shorter duration each one):

• ...Baby One More Time
  • Crazy or Stronger
  • I'm a Slave 4 U
  • Toxic
  • Gimme More 
  • Womanizer or Circus
  • Till the World Ends
  • Work *****

Unpopular opinion but I would have liked to have ideally seen her do it this year for her 20th anniversary, but with her dad getting ill, it was never going to happen. 

I agree with you OP that 2002/2004 would have been good years to perform. 2009 during the Circus era too.

6 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Imagine, we won’t her news, nobody knows who’s gonna perform to Super Bowl, then the day comes and BRITNEY SPEARS appears on the stage like MJ at his Super Bowl or like her entrance at AMAs 2004. 

i second this. it would be a dream come true. 

and yeah i dont think she should have done it during her peak. she should do it now - 2 decades into her career, already established as a living legend so yeah.. now (next year) is the perfect time

7 hours ago, #Brunetteney said:

I always wish Britney would’ve done it in 2002 or 2004. 2002 because it was in Louisiana and that would’ve been at the peak of her fame. I can just imagine seeing primeney doing a dwad kind of thing for it :yesplease:  

2004 is my second choice because I JUST KNOW she would’ve done an iconic toxic preformance. Flopstin Timberflop should’ve never been invited that year. :well: If they would’ve let godney preform, there would not have been a nipplegate. :tiffanynod:

Also 2010 maybe or 2015 would’ve been cool. But 2002 is when I really think she should’ve done it. 

Can you learn to spell? It’s Luciana:joanne:

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Performance wise, probably 2004 would've been ideal, but I doubt she would've included the classics like Crazy, Stronger, etc, so probably the setlist would've been very similar to the ITZ promo tour:

• Toxic
  • (I Got That) Boom Boom
  • Breathe on Me
  • I'm a Slave 4 U / Boys
  • Me Against the Music

which wouldn't have been as iconic, I think. And if she incldued BOMT or Oops it would've been that awful cabaret remix :ugh:

If it was Britney era, it probably would've been:

• (You Drive Me) Crazy
  • Stronger
  • Lucky
  • ...Baby One More Time
  • I'm a Slave 4 U

which is fine, but not so powerful.

So I think the ideal time, hits wise and performance wise would've been 2016 - 2017. She was performing good, and it would've given a higher chance of a more varied setlist of hits (in shorter duration each one):

• ...Baby One More Time
  • Crazy or Stronger
  • I'm a Slave 4 U
  • Toxic
  • Gimme More 
  • Womanizer or Circus
  • Till the World Ends
  • Work *****

Knowing knee, Boys would have been on every setlist regardless :lowkeyno:

26 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:mhm:that's so crazy :unreal:

Right? It doesn’t get talked about much, but Janet’s nipple changed the course of culture forever. 

And I wouldn’t have wanted that for Brit. Janet paid severely and unfairly for a 8 millisecond nip slip :nochillbrit:

And in contribution to this thread, I would have liked BBMAney to do the super bowl in 2016 to remind the good people of the world that Britney ***** ain’t playin’ and still slayin’ :brit2016:

2 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Not 2004. If it wasn’t for Janet’s iconic nipple, the birth of YouTube might not have happened :wigsnatched:

Maybe next year Britney could do it,  Madonna could kiss her and Janet can rip off her bra and Cher can sing the chorus to TTWE?  Ok I’m bored af 

On 3/28/2019 at 4:18 PM, ClaudiaDC said:

And imagine it's the first time she's performing since the hiatus. And we have no idea how she's gonna look or dance. The suspense would be crazy :meltdown: exhale would shut down. 

On a side note does anyone remember the days before a big event exhale would shut down because so many people were on it :orangu: good times 

Archived