Glory album decisions make me so angry!

OopsOverprotected

Hey y'all. 

I just re-watched a lot of reviews of the GLORY album on Youtube and wow... I kind of totally forgot what it was like back then. 

I really have to say. Glory was a huuuge step forward after Britney Jean. It was a solid and good Britney album and it had really so much potential, and espeically so many potential hits. 

Team B just blew it. I feel like every decision they made for this record were wrong. 

1. The album cover (but I can live with that)

2. The Make Me Video Mess (which we all agree on)

3. Making Make Me the first single. I know a lot of you love Make Me but to me it's so mediocre. It's cute but only a filler song on the album for me. 

4. Not making Just Luv Me a single. 

5. Not making Do You Wanna come Over a single CAUSE it's a very BRITNEY song. 

6. Not jumping on the Latin hype and making CYM No Seas Cortes a single. 

7. Not playing with the media and all these Justin Timberlake references and making LIAR a single. 

Slumber Party is a cute song and is a solid THIRD OR FOURTH Single, but deff not a second single. 

This album had so much potential and would've brought back Britney into the spotlight STRONGER than ever. 2016ney gave us looks and energy. 

They blew the VMA performance of course cause Make Me Is mediocre and G-EAZY and Beyonkah stole the show. This should've been a comeback and Britney should've performed a medley of her hits. 

Imagine her recreating her BOTM, OOPS, SLAVE, Gimme More performances and finish the performance with her latest GLORY single. That would've been iconic and epic and would've entered VMA history... but no. The performances was forgotten after 1 week and no one ever talked about Make Me or Glory or Britney. 

Oh guys... I'm frustrated for Britney cause she HAS IT and no one realizes. All the effort they put in Glory and the outcome was well.. u know what it was. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Hey y'all. 

I just re-watched a lot of reviews of the GLORY album on Youtube and wow... I kind of totally forgot what it was like back then. 

I really have to say. Glory was a huuuge step forward after Britney Jean. It was a solid and good Britney album and it had really so much potential, and espeically so many potential hits. 

Team B just blew it. I feel like every decision they made for this record were wrong. 

3. Making Make Me the first single. I know a lot of you love Make Me but to me it's so mediocre. It's cute but only a filler song on the album for me. 

7. Not playing with the media and all these Justin Timberlake references and making LIAR a single. 

Slumber Party is a cute song and is a solid THIRD OR FOURTH Single, but deff not a second single. 

This album had so much potential and would've brought back Britney into the spotlight STRONGER than ever. 2016ney gave us looks and energy. 

They blew the VMA performance of course cause Make Me Is mediocre and G-EAZY and Beyonkah stole the show. This should've been a comeback and Britney should've performed a medley of her hits. 

Imagine her recreating her BOTM, OOPS, SLAVE, Gimme More performances and finish the performance with her latest GLORY single. That would've been iconic and epic and would've entered VMA history... but no. The performances was forgotten after 1 week and no one ever talked about Make Me or Glory or Britney. 

Oh guys... I'm frustrated for Britney cause she HAS IT and no one realizes. All the effort they put in Glory and the outcome was well.. u know what it was. 

I love make me song, im not feeling do you wanna come over, but i agree about just luv me, such a beautiful song :wontcry:

Vmas was the biggest mess-up of the era IMO besides the make me video fiasco... they hyped her up so much for her to perform a wack *** performance.. like you said, should’ve made it a medley and then end with Make Me and do something big, not even controversial but just dope **** but she phoned it in . But Britney will never be on top again. To be on top you have to be interesting and she’s not. She walks outside with her tracks showing and wearing awful outfits and awful makeup. No one cares to check in on that

I agree with most of your points (especially DYWCO being a single, that was literally the most single potential song from the album and should have been the 2nd single) but I don't agree that Make Me shouldn't have been the lead single or Britney should have performed a medley of hits at the VMA's. Make Me was the perfect lead single for the album, it was radio friendly and showed a different side of Britney to the GP. Yes it is a big risk to release a midtempo as a lead single, but it WORKED. The right song was chosen and it is also representative of the album as a whole. And Britney performing a medley of hits at the VMA's would have been a rehash of her BBMA's performance, really Make Me was the only option she had to perform.

1 hour ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Hey y'all. 

Make Me seen a huge increase after her VMAperformance on iTunes pushing it to #2 and none of Beyonce singles even went into the top 10 that night

27 minutes ago, nels64 said:

They need to stop releasing albums and songs like it’s 2003. 

Nowadays you release promo singles to see what sticks before you finalize the track list. MM was a fine lead. It just had a lot of issues and had a mediocre feature. MM should have been solo with a real bridge  

Just Like Me, Mood Ring, and DYWCO should have been released as promo singles. After seeing how people react to them, then choose a second single likely being:

DYWCO should have had the rap feature and been the harder hitting second single BEFORE the album came out. It was perfectly quintessentially Britney. 

Then after the album throw Slumber Party out there with a video and everything. See how it does...doesn’t do great?

Release another single shortly thereafter, this time Just Like Me. It’s different. It showcases her voice. It makes people double-take. It may even do pretty well.

Now release Mood Ring. Wait to see how it’s received, then maybe do a video.

They’re so married to how things worked in the 90s/00s. They need to experiment and market on ig and twitter. Britney like most celebs, HATES promo. Good thing most celebs don’t do much either. You just need to release **** on your own terms on your own platform and it’ll do well.

Britney never had to rely on promo singles since most of her lead singles catch on.

Promo singles are singles that the labels are unsure of but they will release and see where it falls, and if it flops then that's what they will call it instead of a flop.

So no Britney so far does not need promo singles

Archived