Glory album decisions make me so angry!

OopsOverprotected

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2019 at 9:29 PM, OopsOverprotected said:

Hey y'all. 

I just re-watched a lot of reviews of the GLORY album on Youtube and wow... I kind of totally forgot what it was like back then. 

I really have to say. Glory was a huuuge step forward after Britney Jean. It was a solid and good Britney album and it had really so much potential, and espeically so many potential hits. 

Team B just blew it. I feel like every decision they made for this record were wrong. 

1. The album cover (but I can live with that)

2. The Make Me Video Mess (which we all agree on)

3. Making Make Me the first single. I know a lot of you love Make Me but to me it's so mediocre. It's cute but only a filler song on the album for me. 

4. Not making Just Luv Me a single. 

5. Not making Do You Wanna come Over a single CAUSE it's a very BRITNEY song. 

6. Not jumping on the Latin hype and making CYM No Seas Cortes a single. 

7. Not playing with the media and all these Justin Timberlake references and making LIAR a single. 

Slumber Party is a cute song and is a solid THIRD OR FOURTH Single, but deff not a second single. 

This album had so much potential and would've brought back Britney into the spotlight STRONGER than ever. 2016ney gave us looks and energy. 

They blew the VMA performance of course cause Make Me Is mediocre and G-EAZY and Beyonkah stole the show. This should've been a comeback and Britney should've performed a medley of her hits. 

Imagine her recreating her BOTM, OOPS, SLAVE, Gimme More performances and finish the performance with her latest GLORY single. That would've been iconic and epic and would've entered VMA history... but no. The performances was forgotten after 1 week and no one ever talked about Make Me or Glory or Britney. 

Oh guys... I'm frustrated for Britney cause she HAS IT and no one realizes. All the effort they put in Glory and the outcome was well.. u know what it was. 

On 2/28/2019 at 3:27 AM, Shrekney said:

MTV straight up did not deserve Britney and while it was partly her and team’s fault for it being so.. “safe” with regards to her performance it was extremely shady af having her go on after poopyance’s literally  20 min mini concert. That whole intire award ceremony was f**king cringe AF too, the host were extremely cocky and annoying, all the performances were ****, nobody in that building deserved Britney. I hope she never does vmas ever again, the show has been in a ratings freefall too. Like who even watches that ****. 

Stop blaming Beyonce for actually caring about her craft. Nothing stopped Britney from putting in the work to make a great piece of performance. She chose not to. She needs to do better instead of everyone else lowering their standards. 

• Super Mods
On 2/28/2019 at 2:01 AM, Lantis said:

In all honesty I think her image is just too outdated to appeal the audience nowadays. The *** kitten theme is just boring af and not suitable for her as she is now. She needs something classy, wich doesn't necessarily translate into not being ****. 

Music is not the problem, it's just how she is (poorly) marketed...

I agree, I feel she can do it and probably has an idea of how to reinvent herself (We know how she loves anything new anyways and loves playing up characters) but getting her team to agree is the hard part. They really do like to stick to what’s tried and true.

On 3/2/2019 at 11:24 PM, Betty1994 said:

Stop blaming Beyonce for actually caring about her craft. Nothing stopped Britney from putting in the work to make a great piece of performance. She chose not to. She needs to do better instead of everyone else lowering their standards. 

How tf am I blaming beyonka :wyd: nobody would’ve been able to top off that multimillion dollar production under her and teams belt. And lbr, it was it was kinda shady or at least questionable  why mtv placed her right after Beyoncé, Beyoncé still would’ve blown Britney’s Disney on ice performance regardless, idk, mtv is dying and I wouldn’t be surprised if they scheduled Britney after boyonce knowing ahead of time there’d be such a high contrast in quality with the hopes that’d it start ****.  if I’m even blaming anyone it’d be the directors of that **** award show (and Britney’s team for coming up w the most boring performance in her career)

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Most Dancing Ive Ever Done said:

Make Me should not have been the first single, period, end of story and anyone who denies it is literally in denial.

Just Love Me could have been a hit. I get going slower, going 'urban' but Make Me is not even urban its just a slow pop song with a rapper. Just Luv Me is actually an edgy song.

Make Me did pretty well, it just wasn’t promoted properly. The music video fiasco messed its chance to succeed. 

On 2/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, OopsOverprotected said:

3. Making Make Me the first single. I know a lot of you love Make Me but to me it's so mediocre. It's cute but only a filler song on the album for me. 

4. Not making Just Luv Me a single. 

5. Not making Do You Wanna come Over a single CAUSE it's a very BRITNEY song. 

Slumber Party is a cute song and is a solid THIRD OR FOURTH Single, but deff not a second single. 

I agree with the rest but not with these. 

They blew the VMA performance of course cause Make Me Is mediocre and G-EAZY and Beyonkah stole the show. This should've been a comeback and Britney should've performed a medley of her hits. 

Imagine her recreating her BOTM, OOPS, SLAVE, Gimme More performances and finish the performance with her latest GLORY single. That would've been iconic and epic and would've entered VMA history... but no. The performances was forgotten after 1 week and no one ever talked about Make Me or Glory or Britney.

The VMAs was a mess because it was boring, they didn't rehearsed together, G-Eazy forgot his lyrics and started singing out of time and Britney didn't knew the MM&I lyrics. And they also made it a G-Eazy performance instead of a Britney performance, it was way TOO much. Evrything was a mess :nyheadache::nyheadache::nyheadache::nyheadache: And of course, her stupid team that let MTV promote the show as  "Britney returns to the VMAs stage" only to make her sing at the end of the show when no one cared about it anymore. :whatitellu:

And another medley? No, thanks. We have that on the BBMAs and it wasn't even that great :mj: (And we don't need Currentney destroying her old performances) What we needed was an iconic Make Me performance, with a good choreo. Maybe a remix instead of the original version would have been better.  

And it was Britney the one who NEVER mentioned Glory during the promo (Ellen, JRS, etc). They only promoted Piece Of Me. I still hate them for that :nyheadache:

15 hours ago, Shrekney said:

How tf am I blaming beyonka :wyd: nobody would’ve been able to top off that multimillion dollar production under her and teams belt. And lbr, it was it was kinda shady or at least questionable  why mtv placed her right after Beyoncé, Beyoncé still would’ve blown Britney’s Disney on ice performance regardless, idk, mtv is dying and I wouldn’t be surprised if they scheduled Britney after boyonce knowing ahead of time there’d be such a high contrast in quality with the hopes that’d it start ****.  if I’m even blaming anyone it’d be the directors of that **** award show (and Britney’s team for coming up w the most boring performance in her career)

You pay for your own production or atleast part of it. Britney just didn’t put in the work. The directors can’t edit someone better and someone inevitably had to go afterwards.

5 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

You pay for your own production or atleast part of it. Britney just didn’t put in the work. The directors can’t edit someone better and someone inevitably had to go afterwards.

But it didn't have to be Britney and that's his point lol Brit has done so much for MTV/the VMA's and they could've helped her out. They aren't **** for that. I'm not even a Britney apologist.

Anyway, I agree with whoever the poster was that said her team needs to get with the times. They chose terrible promo singles besides DYWCO, which had a better fan-made video than the official video Make Me got. Slumber Party seemed like a great single choice and fit right in with radio at the time, which actually may have hurt it. I still love it. It's a shame because I bet if a younger pop girl released SP, it would've been huge. See: Side to Side.

Her team also needs to anticipate Britney being **** at promo and work around that by creating promo and ads where she doesn't need to be present live. Stop with the Vegas-y looks.

In hindsight, DYWCO would've been an excellent single choice and is quintessentially Britney.

Glory is a great album, I'm actually re-listening right now, it's a shame it got shitty treatment.

11 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

I mean you’re not wrong there either, I’m not going to convince you ****, so if you disagree that is was kinda shady that the producers placed her boring *** performance after a literal movie scale production one (I mean what is a Beyoncé performance with out an army of 200 people on and back stage, it’s almost as if she really can’t do it with out them :jj:) then we can just agree to disagree. :cutebrit:

5 hours ago, Shrekney said:

I mean you’re not wrong there either, I’m not going to convince you ****, so if you disagree that is was kinda shady that the producers placed her boring *** performance after a literal movie scale production one (I mean what is a Beyoncé performance with out an army of 200 people on and back stage, it’s almost as if she really can’t do it with out them :jj:) then we can just agree to disagree. :cutebrit:

Beyoncé actually cares , same with Rihanna who came with full production- but funnily enough it wasn’t remembered although she performed twice. 

Its not shady as artists choose what To show. Britney didn’t practice with g eazy or care. 

You cant blame Beyonce , the producers or anyone but Britney as she regularly looks a mess on tour.

My perfect GLORY era would have started with Do you wanna come over as proper commercial single and proper cool lyric video. Could have been the perfect opener for the new era.

Then a remixed Slumber party release (more bass, more EDM influence) with an interlude of invitation in the video. See what I did there DYWCO -> SP it makes sense :well::well:

The album holds enough singles for the summer -> Change your mind, Just luv me, Better etc

And Make me would have fit so perfectly for the winter, I tell you these whale sounds and even the tacky video could have worked as a kind of christmas season song. People are more forgiving in the holiday season, maybe hey would have forgiven that mess of a video.

The outro of the Era could go to Private show (ofc not the chipmunks mess the song is now) or man on the moon (even though I don´t think it is in any way commercial enough to be successful, but maybe fan service)

On 2/27/2019 at 3:23 PM, nels64 said:

They need to stop releasing albums and songs like it’s 2003. 

Nowadays you release promo singles to see what sticks before you finalize the track list. MM was a fine lead. It just had a lot of issues and had a mediocre feature. MM should have been solo with a real bridge  

Just Like Me, Mood Ring, and DYWCO should have been released as promo singles. After seeing how people react to them, then choose a second single likely being:

DYWCO should have had the rap feature and been the harder hitting second single BEFORE the album came out. It was perfectly quintessentially Britney. 

Then after the album throw Slumber Party out there with a video and everything. See how it does...doesn’t do great?

Release another single shortly thereafter, this time Just Like Me. It’s different. It showcases her voice. It makes people double-take. It may even do pretty well.

Now release Mood Ring. Wait to see how it’s received, then maybe do a video.

They’re so married to how things worked in the 90s/00s. They need to experiment and market on ig and twitter. Britney like most celebs, HATES promo. Good thing most celebs don’t do much either. You just need to release **** on your own terms on your own platform and it’ll do well.

If I remember quickly Do you wanna come over was a promo single. So was Private Show, Clumsy and Just Luv Me. They were all released prior to the album and I believe Do you wanna come over was even a contender for the second single. But they didn’t gain any traction....we’re lucky we even got Slumber Party as a second single. 

So it’s pretty obvious dropping Do you wanna come over as the secone single wouldn’t have changed a thing about the era.

Archived