i don't get the hate for pretty girls

britneymegamix

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better than MM, probably. Better than SP, not really.

My problem with Pretty Girls, is that she looks really bad most of the video (at the beginning she looks amazing, but the look we see the most is the short, curly hair with bad makeup) and of course the acting scene.

About the song, is not that bad, it's just too short. And, in my personal experience, what really ruined it for me was that Tom's Diner leaked around the same time PG came out, so the contrast between the two was just huge. TD is heaven. 

I think it’s not as bad as people make it sound it is. It’s just a very unoriginal song and not single worthy at all. Sounds way too much like fancy and let’s face it. No one was loving iggy the moment it was released. The bbma performance was cute/ok though but nothing too special. I did however enjoy hearing Britney’s (overproduced but Britney’s) vocals again instead the Myah Jean mess. 

But i would’ve preferred a proper single release for Toms Diner with a mysterious video. Cause it would’ve been something unexpected 

34 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

My problem with Pretty Girls, is that she looks really bad most of the video (at the beginning she looks amazing, but the look we see the most is the short, curly hair with bad makeup) and of course the acting scene.

About the song, is not that bad, it's just too short. And, in my personal experience, what really ruined it for me was that Tom's Diner leaked around the same time PG came out, so the contrast between the two was just huge. TD is heaven. 

I don’t get the hype with toms diner :disappointed: tbh it’s forgettable, I don’t why people wanted a video for it she would at best look pretty and that’s it... it’s fun but that’s it I hope the no autotuned version eventually leaks in full because the released version was extremely mediocre 

• The lyrics are superficial and shallow AF, “all around the world pretty girls, we’re just so pretty” :mcorangu: wtf is that. Britney. Pls stop. :juggingu:

• It sounds like it came out of a kidsBop cd. 

• It’s basically the failed deformed clone  of Fancy that needs to be shoved back in the basement (that song was trash too) she can keep that Disney “Hip-Hop” crap nobody even asked for. :raven:

• The part when Britney and Iggy are in the car talking to the random 80s Girls is one of the cringiest things I’ve not only seen in Britney’s entire career but my overall life in general. :wontcry: And I watched ALL of Choatic. :decisions: 

• Iggy. Azalea. :bedtime:

Do you genuinely like the song? Or is it a pity party for Britney eg: “it’s a harmless fun cute song lol” I mean yeah it didn’t kill anyone but it’s such a **** stain on her discography, and it being released right after BJ only made it worse. 

I felt so much 2nd hand embarrassment for Britney watching that atrocious music video :hideous: (at least she looked cute in it I guess  :wyd:).IMO the only redeemable quality about Piggy Girls was that it was the final nail on the coffin of Iggy’s trash career. :nynod:

Everybody loved the song until it flopped, until Iggy opened her mouth about Britney needing to promote it more (which was f**king TRUE), and until the video came out and had those tacky acting scenes, and featured some really heinous looks.

I don't think a single person actually hates the song, they just hate the circumstances surrounding the song, if the initial reception to the song is any indication.

I still jam out to it daily, especially considering the fact that everyone stans for Love Me Down, which features an almost identical beat to Pretty Girls starting at the 2:12 mark. :queenflopga: 

I think everyone just kept waiting for this song to come out and kept seeing parts of the video someone had filmed and got it all hyped up and then it came out and it wasn't horrible just not that awesome.  Britney also didn't look the best in it and  It just didn't sound like the usual Britney song and Iggy Azalea is not the best person to do a song with... just my opinion:tiffanynod:

3 hours ago, britneymegamix said:

I mean, the song is not bad and I actually like the music video, is waaaay  better than Make Me official one. :schoolingtime:

Well, let's fight: I think is even better than Slumber Party music video. I'm ready for your hate. :heresthetea:

I kinda get your point... the concept for PG is more entertaining than SP

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

This. Glenn made her look 80 yo with that hairstyle. And the "totally" scene with the cellphone made everything worse :juggingu:

If it weren't for those things I'd like it more.

Archived