i don't get the hate for pretty girls

britneymegamix

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LiamM said:

I don’t get the hype with toms diner :disappointed: tbh it’s forgettable, I don’t why people wanted a video for it she would at best look pretty and that’s it... it’s fun but that’s it I hope the no autotuned version eventually leaks in full because the released version was extremely mediocre 

Agree! She’s done so many covers in her career already that flopped. She’s also wasted music video budgets that could have been used for other songs (I.e. Cinderella or Lonely instead of I Love Rock n Roll). While I think TD is a good cover, it just didn’t really deserve a music video. :comingthru:

5 hours ago, LiamM said:

I don’t get the hype with toms diner :disappointed: tbh it’s forgettable, I don’t why people wanted a video for it she would at best look pretty and that’s it... it’s fun but that’s it I hope the no autotuned version eventually leaks in full because the released version was extremely mediocre 

it's still my ringtone 4 years later :tehe: I just think is awesome. That's the kind of experimental she needed and the fact that it was actually her who asked Giorgio to do it, and not the other way around, just makes it extra especial, and at the same time even more incongruous that they paid dust to it the way they did, even when Giorgio did everything possible to properly release it and not just that EP and lyric video.

The video had so much potential to have a very dark vibe, that artsy-fartsy she had been promising since 2014, and it would've been a way to make up for the mess that was PG.

I always enjoy it when it comes on shuffle :carpoolney: 

Something different and refreshing in a playlist full of Britney. and the choreography is simple and fun. kinda suits curreney well

It's that katy perry level of cringe music video that throws me off. Her look in the beginning and the dancers look cute tho

9 hours ago, britneymegamix said:

I mean, the song is not bad and I actually like the music video, is waaaay  better than Make Me official one. :schoolingtime:

Well, let's fight: I think is even better than Slumber Party music video. I'm ready for your hate. :heresthetea:

The video is actually nice, colourful with a lot of cool different scenes, but i hate the little dialogue in the car, if it was minus this scene it would be great

Well... it was basically a bad attempt at remaking "Fancy" (already a bad choice since that's not exactly a good song).

It has Iggy Azalea on it, but gladly she didn't try to rap here, so her verse is... well... decent??? Passable??? IDK, it's just there.

The dialogue in the car... :icant: And I thought the dialogue at the beginning of "Criminal" was delivered awkwardly.

I still think the biggest problem with this is that this is literally Kidz Bop material, not a song for a 30-something-year-old woman.

But when it comes to the pros of it, Brit looks kinda cute in the video and the song could be considered a cute bop.

I can't remember where it was, but I think I read somewhere that Jayden wanted Brinni to collab with Iggy and she did it.

Guess that would explain everything. :janet:

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's still my ringtone 4 years later :tehe: I just think is awesome. That's the kind of experimental she needed and the fact that it was actually her who asked Giorgio to do it, and not the other way around, just makes it extra especial, and at the same time even more incongruous that they paid dust to it the way they did, even when Giorgio did everything possible to properly release it and not just that EP and lyric video.

The video had so much potential to have a very dark vibe, that artsy-fartsy she had been promising since 2014, and it would've been a way to make up for the mess that was PG.

I guess that was a fair response :) I like the song it’s catchy etc but so many people wanted it as a single and it would not have done well which is my point but tbh it’s cute it was a collab on someone else’s album 

I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. It just felt really uninspired and a complete rip-off of Iggy Azelia’s “Fancy”. For Britney standards this was not a worthy single choice. Oh, and it doesn’t really have much repeat value for me - like I haven’t chosen to listen to it since it was initially released which says it all really. 

I think the music video, the hate and the unlikeable Iggy (Esp then) wrecked the song for most. 

The song itself is fun, but unoriginal. Britneys vocals are quite nice actually. 

The video is just cringeworthy. Britney comes across as an unfunny mom who thinks shes acting funny. She also looks really bad. That valley girl **** is just terrible. One of her, if not, WORST music videos.

Archived