Cardi B Lands Las Vegas Residency

41 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

How odd. Doesn’t she only have like one song? Has she even had a successful solo tour yet? :ponderney:

She only has an album out and 11 Top 40 hits already with 3 #1’s. And she’s been on a sold out tour with Bruno Mars, as well as in the UK. The most impactful female artist, thus far, that has debuted since the latter half of this decade. :byetina:

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

She only has an album out and 11 Top 40 hits already with 3 #1’s. And she’s been on a sold out tour with Bruno Mars, as well as in the UK. The most impactful female artist, thus far, that has debuted since the latter half of this decade. :byetina:

Oh. Well, good for her. I wasn't being shady, I genuinely didn't know. It still seems like an odd move for a brand-new artist to tuck themselves away in one city rather than travel and promote worldwide, but then again, I didn't even really know who the artist in question was. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

Celine wishes...20 years in Vegas and nothing had happened. Britney went for 2 years and everybody wanted a residency like her, that's Britney's impact :bedtime:

Britney fans are so extra. did it ever occur to you that maybe, oh maybe, there’s been a paradigm shift in the way artists tour nowadays? 

hundreds of artists, new and old, were doing Vegas residences before Britney stepped in. You can reach and potentially say she attracted a younger audience but again even if Britney never launched her residency, someone like JLo or Mariah was bound to have their own because I doubt that Cardi even thought about Britney when launching this residency, nor did Drake. Idk, I just feel like some of y’all are reaching but I said what I said, even if it’s an unpopular opinion. :nobitch:

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Oh. Well, good for her. I wasn't being shady, I genuinely didn't know. It still seems like an odd move for a brand-new artist to tuck themselves away in one city rather than travel and promote worldwide, but then again, I didn't even really know who the artist in question was. 

I think she’s the first ever and only artist to launch a Vegas residency with only one album out, less than literally just 2 years into her commercial career. well would you look at that serve.  :byetina: next thing you know, all the new hip-hop and trap-rap artists will be having their own residencies thanks to Cardi B and Drake’s impact. :byetina:

• Like 3