Cardi B Lands Las Vegas Residency

16 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Oh btw my love...that article was written by a messy, powerbottom britard, ofc he’s going to praise the living **** of Britney. Céline had one of her biggest ww hits and a best-selling album literally just a year before she launched her residency so that messy Forbes article is already debunked and holds little to zero value. :byetina:

8 hours ago, 0happydancing0 said:

How silly.

It's basically like saying 'i'm not going to credit edison for creating the light bulb because SOMEONE would have invented it if he didn't!'

Okay? He STILL invented it though and thus deserves credit. Another young pop star could very well have done it if Britney hadn't and changed the landscape of Las Vegas but in this universe it was Britney that did that. No one is saying Britney is the only person who could have done it - we're just simply stating the fact that she happened to be the one that did. 

People can think a lot of fans on here are always on the reach to give her credit but at the same time there's a lot of people on here like yourself that equally want to undermine every good thing she does. 

um ok? I believe that credit is due where credit’s due and if there’s one person who was doing residencies long before the trend, it was Celine. Gradually, an apparent paradigm shift took place (which was bound to happen) and Britney, as a younger solo female pop artist, stepped in during the right moment, sure, but you cannot sit here and tell me that Britney is responsible for Drake and Cardi’s decision to launch a Vegas residency when they are artists from a completely different caliber the same way y’all don’t want to give credit to Celine for Britney since they are also both different artists from an entirely different caliber.

Sure, Britney may have assisted in making it a trend for other younger pop solo artists to launch their own residencies, I’m not denying that, while Drake, and now Cardi B, are responsible for the trend of modern-day hip-hop stars to launch their own residencies but to say ‘Britney’s impact’ for every future residency to come, and I’m sure they’ll be plenty of more, is a reach and quite an embarrassment on our behalf. Anyway.......I said what I said, downvote me all you want and no one can change my mind, especially since I’m agreeing to disagree.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:01 PM, DignifiedLove said:

She only has an album out and 11 Top 40 hits already with 3 #1’s. And she’s been on a sold out tour with Bruno Mars, as well as in the UK. The most impactful female artist, thus far, that has debuted since the latter half of this decade. :byetina:

On 1/23/2019 at 7:09 PM, LostInAnImage said:

Oh. Well, good for her. I wasn't being shady, I genuinely didn't know. It still seems like an odd move for a brand-new artist to tuck themselves away in one city rather than travel and promote worldwide, but then again, I didn't even really know who the artist in question was. 

THats lie she hasn’t had any tour neither did she tour with Bruno. THis is a club night residency Chris brown , Keyshia Cole e.t.c have also done one.

10 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I thought she went on tour with Bruno though? She also did Coachella too which is a huge deal.

SHe was pregnant and cancelled. Ciara , Ella mai, Camilla cabello , boys 2 men were all on Bruno’s tour lol. 

Coachella yes that’s somewhat big. 

• Like 1
On 1/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, DignifiedLove said:

I think she’s the first ever and only artist to launch a Vegas residency with only one album out, less than literally just 2 years into her commercial career. well would you look at that serve.  :byetina: next thing you know, all the new hip-hop and trap-rap artists will be having their own residencies thanks to Cardi B and Drake’s impact. :byetina:

False, the Maccabees , the noisettes all did residencies with one album when Hot at the same venue. It’s quite common for day and night club residencies. It helps the artist increase a fanbase.

5 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

False, the Maccabees , the noisettes all did residencies with one album when Hot at the same venue. It’s quite common for day and night club residencies. It helps the artist increase a fanbase.

Those weren’t actual residencies though. plus, literally no one and I mean no one knows who they are. 

Ok, great. Good for her. Although Britney definitely did not try hard enough with DOM, Cardi better be out there promoting as much as Britney did in her first years of success if she wants even a shadow of longevity. 

I cant believe Cardi has a residency. I know some of you like her, but it’s a bit premature. I thought Gaga barely had enough material to sustain one, but Cardi only has one album. And I doubt her teenage fanbase are able to afford a Vegas trip to see her. I just don’t see how it will work out for her tbh. Britney, Mariah and JLo have decades of hits to choose from. Who’s to say Cardi will make a lasting impression? 

Sorry for the rant, but I just don’t understand this. 

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Ok, great. Good for her. Although Britney definitely did not try hard enough with DOM, Cardi better be out there promoting as much as Britney did in her first years of success if she wants even a shadow of longevity. 

I cant believe Cardi has a residency. I know some of you like her, but it’s a bit premature. I thought Gaga barely had enough material to sustain one, but Cardi only has one album. And I doubt her teenage fans are able to afford a Vegas trip to see her. I just don’t see how it will work out for her tbh. Britney, Mariah and JLo have decades of hits to choose from. Who’s to say Cardi will make a lasting impression? 

I think it's cos she makes money move :jj:

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I cant believe Cardi has a residency. I know some of you like her, but it’s a bit premature. I thought Gaga barely had enough material to sustain one, but Cardi only has one album. And I doubt her teenage fanbase are able to afford a Vegas trip to see her. I just don’t see how it will work out for her tbh. Britney, Mariah and JLo have decades of hits to choose from. Who’s to say Cardi will make a lasting impression? 

Gaga has been around for about 10 yrs so she's got plenty of material. I agree about cardi. I like her songs but it's way too soon for her to get a residency. Drake too. I just don't see these 2 as residency types currently. It's Def too soon for them. 

• Like 3