Cardi B Lands Las Vegas Residency

27 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Gaga has been around for about 10 yrs so she's got plenty of material. I agree about cardi. I like her songs but it's way too soon for her to get a residency. Drake too. I just don't see these 2 as residency types currently. It's Def too soon for them. 

I think it's the equivalent of a club appearance for rappers like Drake and Cardi B than a legacy project like it is for Celine, Britney etc. All they'll probably be doing is rap, greet the fans etc not figure out choreography, stage design and props etc

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Gaga has been around for about 10 yrs so she's got plenty of material. I agree about cardi. I like her songs but it's way too soon for her to get a residency. Drake too. I just don't see these 2 as residency types currently. It's Def too soon for them. 

Don’t get me wrong about Gaga. I’m a huge fan of hers. I just think that, even though Britney may have reinvigorated the vegas residencey, she also still had 8 studio albums to choose material from and there were hits on every one of them. 

Gaga has 5 studio albums, some less successful and well known than others and some without hits so it can’t be as easy having less hits to choose from. That being said, Gaga puts so much into her performance that performing material not widely known to the public is still very entertaining. 

2 hours ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Drake has been around just as long as gaga and actually has way more material than her that he could perform with all his mixtapes and features and hes constantly releasing new music. 

• Like 1

The variety will be good. You don’t need to be a “legend” to do a residency.  It’s just a stage show: a circus freak show essentially, so let whoever is willing to be the main attraction do their thing. Would I go to see Cardi? No.  Is this announcement better than Brit’s Dom one? Hell yes! Britney didn’t say two words about it! She could have cared less and it showed.

• Like 1
On 1/24/2019 at 10:22 PM, DignifiedLove said:

Those weren’t actual residencies though. plus, literally no one and I mean no one knows who they are. 

On 1/24/2019 at 10:20 PM, DignifiedLove said:

Oh ok and um, she def didn’t cancel. She was there alright, all pregnant and everything.

Is that Bruno’s tour? Nope she cancelled. 

And the Maccabees did residencies the same way Cardi is doing. Chris Brown e.t.c have done one like Cardi too. It’s NOTHING LIKE BRITNEYS which is a theatre but a day and night club with a capacity of a 1000-2000 instead of 4000-5000 ish like Britney. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Betty1994 said:

Is that Bruno’s tour? Nope she cancelled. 

And the Maccabees did residencies the same way Cardi is doing. Chris Brown e.t.c have done one like Cardi too. It’s NOTHING LIKE BRITNEYS which is a theatre but a day and night club with a capacity of a 1000-2000 instead of 4000-5000 ish like Britney. 

I misread that post and thought you said she cancelled Coachella. Oops.

And alright, that's cool. I still don't know who the Maccabees are but good for them. :)