OMG...Look what I found!

Queenreba

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually had a really good night watching this the night it came out. Then IABJ was on and that’s what really made my friend a fan, go figure. Who would’ve thought a year later she’d be going to the concert with me :dorkney:

The movie itself was pretty bad but I did enjoy watching it. I wouldn’t buy it but I’d watch it again if it was on tv

I watched it again and it's just so cringy because as a fan, I feel like I know how historically inaccurate the entire thing was. They should have advertised it as being "loosely based" on her life story. Half of the events they depicted were rumors. Also as someone else mentioned, they made her out to be this ridiculously dumb country girl with a 5th-grade education. 

But worst of all was the bob wig. I mean, that wig was iconic and they couldn't even get the color right. PURPLE? It was f**king PINK!

They had such a great opportunity to depict some great and bad moments of her life and they totally tanked. *sigh* Oh well, maybe one day a legitimate movie will be made about her life.

Archived