Jessica Simpson’s Reaction to BOM/TOMH During Onyx Tour

colormefresh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

I think Jessica was just being prudish coming from her conservative background. This was shocking for the time.

I find it disrespectful since Britney ALWAYS praised Jessica for her vocals before and after this

In her dateline interview in 2006 she stood up for Jessica Simpson too.

But I do think Jessica has moved on if she did have any hard feelings for Britney because she does follow Britney on Instagram.

That was nice of Britney :demi:

15 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Absolutely agree with everything you said. 

The thing with Jessica is that she’s not ballsy. The reason Mandy Moore is successful is because she did stepped out of her boundaries and pushes out of her comfort zone, she tried different genres, she branched out into acting and went the indie route which gave her an edge because it made her not just a basic popstar and people were able to look at her in a serious way and Jessica has always played it safe, like sticking to what works which is why her lifestyle brand is successful because they follow trends and copy trends and she basically did that her whole career. 

I couldn't agree with u more or have said better myself. Mandy even ditched the whole bleach look. It seems like when she first got a glimpse of artistic freedom, she tried to do what she wanted and wasn't after success. I feel like Jessica played the Britney wannabe so long that after she wasn't sure what she was meant to do. Like she only did know that way... To try to be a **** blonde fun singer. But she kept failing so she tried country too late and it didn't feel genuine. 

I’m sure deep down Jessica had some sort of envy, but she cultivated her own fame and success in her own way (her label’s own way) which was impressive-ish. I think she probably just felt like the underdog a lot when she is automatically compared to Britney and Christina, which is understandable. 

PS - that segment of Onyx is cringey so I dont really blame her reaction.

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

I couldn't agree with u more or have said better myself. Mandy even ditched the whole bleach look. It seems like when she first got a glimpse of artistic freedom, she tried to do what she wanted and wasn't after success. I feel like Jessica played the Britney wannabe so long that after she wasn't sure what she was meant to do. Like she only did know that way... To try to be a **** blonde fun singer. But she kept failing so she tried country too late and it didn't feel genuine. 

She never had a strong musical identity that is true but I think it’s because she started singing Christian music. She didn’t start off wanting to be a Madonna or Janet Jackson type performer so she didn’t prep for that and then the record labels wanted her to compete with Brit. But as for being blonde... she was already a blonde before Britney was, so that’s true to her identity

37 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

She never had a strong musical identity that is true but I think it’s because she started singing Christian music. She didn’t start off wanting to be a Madonna or Janet Jackson type performer so she didn’t prep for that and then the record labels wanted her to compete with Brit. But as for being blonde... she was already a blonde before Britney was, so that’s true to her identity

I thought she wanted to be a Mariah at first. Anyway I was talking how she went with the bleached look like britney was in the Britney era. 

https://www-popsugar-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.popsugar.co.uk/celebrity/photo-gallery/37483550/image/37483527/Jessica-Simpson-1999/amp?usqp=mq331AQGCAEoAVgB&amp_js_v=0.1

She started with the yellow hair like Britney had in 99, then she had a more bleached hair 

Jessica+Simpson+2004+MTV+Video+Music+Awa

21 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I thought she wanted to be a Mariah at first. Anyway I was talking how she went with the bleached look like britney was in the Britney era. 

https://www-popsugar-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.popsugar.co.uk/celebrity/photo-gallery/37483550/image/37483527/Jessica-Simpson-1999/amp?usqp=mq331AQGCAEoAVgB&amp_js_v=0.1

She started with the yellow hair like Britney had in 99, then she had a more bleached hair 

Jessica+Simpson+2004+MTV+Video+Music+Awa

Once someone goes blonde, they only usually go blonder haha.

On 1/1/2019 at 1:07 PM, jordeezy said:

Sorry, but for an entertainer who's fanbase mostly consisted of teens at the time, the Onyx Hotel Tour was very tacky and I am not sure what audience it was meant for but it just didn't work.  Sorry. I was there and I heard the complaints from people at the time.  Honestly, OHT is my least favorite Britney tour.

Her fan base wasn’t teens in 2004?! If you were a teen that’s different but her fan base was just legal twinks and twenty-somethings like stop. You all get so damn bored you’re literally try to rewrite and bash something from fifteen years ago and you wonder why she doesn’t care?!

10 hours ago, Criminal4Britney said:

Her fan base wasn’t teens in 2004?! If you were a teen that’s different but her fan base was just legal twinks and twenty-somethings like stop. You all get so damn bored you’re literally try to rewrite and bash something from fifteen years ago and you wonder why she doesn’t care?!

I was 13 at the time and I do not know any adults who were actual fans of her at the time.   She was marketed to us 8-15 year olds in 1999 so by 2004 we would all still be teens. 

21 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I was 13 at the time and I do not know any adults who were actual fans of her at the time.   She was marketed to us 8-15 year olds in 1999 so by 2004 we would all still be teens. 

Once more again if you were a teen that’s different. And no she wasn’t marketed to 8 year olds, if you liked her when you were eight that’s different but her music was marketed to young adults in 2004, hence songs like ‘BOM, TOMH, TH’ do you honestly think her record label would’ve let her put out those songs marketed to 13 yo?! I too was 13 when ITZ came out and had not a single clue what half the lyrics in those songs meant. But that album wasn’t marketed for ME, I was just a fan who had convinced my parents to give me the money to buy the album.

23 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

I can’t at people calling her best tour tacky. Also, was any of jessica’s criticism directed towards Britney or just the dancers?

I think both. She said it's uncalled for and not even ****, she was talking about the performance as a whole, not just a dancer.

Archived