Jessica Simpson’s Reaction to BOM/TOMH During Onyx Tour

colormefresh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Jessica was in a different place then. She was transitioning into her own womanhood after growing up a very conservative Christian. She herself had only lost her virginity on her wedding night about a year before. I bet Jessica would think differently today. 

These two performances from OHT were a bit over the top and overly ******. Britney’s fan base was still very young.

Saying Britneys fanbase was still very young in 2004 is bullshit. Most of those preteens who didn't like Britneys overt sexuality  turned in their tear stained stan cards in 2001 to 2002 when she did Slave 4 You/ Justin Split. The Onyx Hotel was an issue with parents who took their children to a Britney Spears concert in 2004 knowing full well who Britney became. I would say the majority of Britneys fanbase in 2004 were over the age of 16.

6 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Saying Britneys fanbase was still very young in 2004 is bullshit. Most of those preteens who didn't like Britneys overt sexuality  turned in their tear stained stan cards in 2001 to 2002 when she did Slave 4 You/ Justin Split. The Onyx Hotel was an issue with parents who took their children to a Britney Spears concert in 2004 knowing full well who Britney became. I would say the majority of Britneys fanbase in 2004 were over the age of 16.

I became a Britney fan when In The Zone came out. I was 12 at the time :demi:

I feel like the majority of Britney fanbase today is between 25 and 35, so that would make them in 2003 to be between 11 and 21. There was still a lot of barely teens wanting to see the sweet Oops I did it again during Onyx. Besides, even the Britney album was too cookie-cutter to appease the younger population, and though she looked like a **** grown woman during DWAD, nothing was ever too ****** there.

And months before Britney was the one defending her over her stupid tuna chicken question when everybody else was making fun of her (JT & Ashton included) 

2:54

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Bundy said:

And months before Britney was the one defending her over her stupid tuna fish question when everybody else was making fun of her (JT & Ashton included) 

2:54

And that’s why she still have a singing career and Jessica doesn’t. Everyone likes to brag about her billion dollar clothing line but like...she had to do it cuz no one gave a **** about her music, girl even tried country and it still bombed. 

Just now, puppylo16 said:

And that’s why she still have a singing career and Jessica doesn’t. Everyone likes to brag about her billion dollar clothing line but like...she had to do it cuz no one gave a **** about her music, girl even tried country and it still bombed. 

Exactly. It's like to brag about Britney's billion empire perfume if she wasn't selling anymore. When she started as a singer, hello? 

I mean, I think Mandy is doing better than her bc she was also an actress and has some success. Good for Jessica that she is successful at smt, but I'll bet shed like better if she was still singing. 

She failed as a Mariah wannabe and then failed as a Britney wannabe. When she became more popular bc of the show, it also had to do with the fact that Britney and Christina were on a hiatus. 

I mean, we can say a lot about current Britney and what we don't like about her,  but I always liked how Britney didn't trash people bc she was busy minding her own business. Even when she did try to defend herself, she wasn't nasty as most people are without any reason whatsoever. And during ITZ she was feeling herself more, she was more confident, sometimes being a lil bitchy with some interviewer, but even at that time she wasn't bragging over someone or criticizing/being jealous. 

• Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Exactly. It's like to brag about Britney's billion empire perfume if she wasn't selling anymore. When she started as a singer, hello? 

I mean, I think Mandy is doing better than her bc she was also an actress and has some success. Good for Jessica that she is successful at smt, but I'll bet shed like better if she was still singing. 

She failed as a Mariah wannabe and then failed as a Britney wannabe. When she became more popular bc of the show, it also had to do with the fact that Britney and Christina were on a hiatus. 

I mean, we can say a lot about current Britney and what we don't like about her,  but I always liked how Britney didn't trash people bc she was busy minding her own business. Even when she did try to defend herself, she wasn't nasty as most people are without any reason whatsoever. And during ITZ she was feeling herself more, she was more confident, sometimes being a lil bitchy with some interviewer, but even at that time she wasn't bragging over someone or criticizing/being jealous. 

Exactly, I remember I made a comment saying that at least Britney is still singing and being Britney during a residency and got mobbed with how much more successful Jessica’s business empire is and I would agree if she still had music but she doesn’t. It was like a last resort for her and it’s not like she was a fashionista and had a passion for it like Sarah Jessica Parker, she literally slapped her name on stuff. The brand was basically a lifeline for her. I don’t think kids these days know if Jessica had a singing career before while rummaging through her stuff at Ross.

Mandy Moore’s career looks better and more respectable. 

I loved TOMH! I thought it was done very well. 

BOM on the other hand was trying too hard.  Obviously it’s a very ****** song but there was no need for the bed and kiss. 

We have seen great bom performances so idk why ppl are mad when ppl say bom OHT wasn’t tasteful. It really wasn’t. 

Bom was probably one of the only good numbers on Pom for me. Not to mention the special. Those are ****** but great performances. 

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Exactly, I remember I made a comment saying that at least Britney is still singing and being Britney during a residency and got mobbed with how much more successful Jessica’s business empire is and I would agree if she still had music but she doesn’t. It was like a last resort for her and it’s not like she was a fashionista and had a passion for it like Sarah Jessica Parker, she literally slapped her name on stuff. The brand was basically a lifeline for her. I don’t think kids these days know if Jessica had a singing career before while rummaging through her stuff at Ross.

Mandy Moore’s career looks better and more respectable. 

Yeah some people here like to act like everyone is doing better than Britney lol I mean, we can argue about her as an artist when she isn't trying but she is far from a flop artist. She sell way less than before, no doubt about it, but she still manages to have a top 20 single, platinum or gold singles, her residency did well and she still can go on tour and make good numbers. And isn't she the celeb that sells more perfumes? Her empire is worth a lot as well. Also I feel like Britneys perfumes are sold all around the world and popular, what about Jessica's brand? Does it do well outside USA? Do People know in other countries?  So in what world Jessica is more successful? She never was and never will be, period. I feel like some people here like to trash everything Britney related just bc she isn't at her prime anymore. But I also read that gaga is flopping for 5 years straight now and she doesn't have a career anymore and that's why she decided to act lol 

I don't have anything against Jessica, but I think the problem with her is she always seemed way too generic. No matter if she was doing ballads or trying to dance. She had some voice and was cute, but that was it. But she couldn't sing like Christina or dance like Britney, so maybe it was her records fault altogether. 

Mandy is the one kinda shining rn. This is us is a big hit that gets Emmy noms, so her career looks way more serious indeed. 

I think Jessica was just being prudish coming from her conservative background. This was shocking for the time.

I find it disrespectful since Britney ALWAYS praised Jessica for her vocals before and after this

In her dateline interview in 2006 she stood up for Jessica Simpson too.

But I do think Jessica has moved on if she did have any hard feelings for Britney because she does follow Britney on Instagram.

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Bundy said:

Yeah some people here like to act like everyone is doing better than Britney lol I mean, we can argue about her as an artist when she isn't trying but she is far from a flop artist. She sell way less than before, no doubt about it, but she still manages to have a top 20 single, platinum or gold singles, her residency did well and she still can go on tour and make good numbers. And isn't she the celeb that sells more perfumes? Her empire is worth a lot as well. Also I feel like Britneys perfumes are sold all around the world and popular, what about Jessica's brand? Does it do well outside USA? Do People know in other countries?  So in what world Jessica is more successful? She never was and never will be, period. I feel like some people here like to trash everything Britney related just bc she isn't at her prime anymore. But I also read that gaga is flopping for 5 years straight now and she doesn't have a career anymore and that's why she decided to act lol 

I don't have anything against Jessica, but I think the problem with her is she always seemed way too generic. No matter if she was doing ballads or trying to dance. She had some voice and was cute, but that was it. But she couldn't sing like Christina or dance like Britney, so maybe it was her records fault altogether. 

Mandy is the one kinda shining rn. This is us is a big hit that gets Emmy noms, so her career looks way more serious indeed. 

Absolutely agree with everything you said. 

The thing with Jessica is that she’s not ballsy. The reason Mandy Moore is successful is because she did stepped out of her boundaries and pushes out of her comfort zone, she tried different genres, she branched out into acting and went the indie route which gave her an edge because it made her not just a basic popstar and people were able to look at her in a serious way and Jessica has always played it safe, like sticking to what works which is why her lifestyle brand is successful because they follow trends and copy trends and she basically did that her whole career. 

The only this Jessica had was that she looked like Britney imo because when I saw her song on tv I was like 12 I thought it was britney lol. 

And this performance was ahead of its time of she did that today it would be different. Besides have you seen female artist today and what they do onstage?! 

Britney was always an easy target back in her prime because the media loved to slate women for being ‘slutty’ no way would media get away with how they treated Britney back then or in 07 if it was today.

Archived