Rank all 9 of Britney’s lead singles from best to worst

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

I like your original list. I would probably debate swapping "Work *****" and "Womanizer" positions but thats pretty accurate, for me.

I had trouble between those two, actually! Womanizer have her another #1 hit, and effectively “resurrected” her career. It’s become a signature track of Britney’s for the GP. 

WB, while isn’t a “quality” song, and didn’t hit number 1, it had incredible stickiness within the GP and strangely has become/will become a cult favorite, I suspect. It made Britney “cool” again for the GP. And I’ve grown to love the campy/ridiculous lyrics. 

Yeah, it’s a toss-up for me...

8 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Pretty sure a thread like this was just made but here’s mine, including the leads from her EP and compiliation albums.

1. Baby One More Time

2. Oops! I Did It Again

3. I’m A Slave 4 U

4. Hold It Against Me

5. Me Againsf The Music

6. Womanizer 

7. Work *****

8. My Prerogative 

9. Make Me

10. Someday I Will Understand

11. Gimme More

12. 3

Oh. I didn’t include SIWU, 3, and MP, since those weren’t technically lead singles for Britney’s “actual albums/eras. 

1 hour ago, ralphcornio said:

praying for everyone putting Make Me above Slave, you are all WRONG sisterens

1. Gimme More
The impact it had, exactly in the middle of her public breakdown. Almost a middle finger to all media, I love this Britney and what this songs represents.

You know, personally GM is my favorite track/top 3, it’s still one I listen to the most. I love it so much, and during POM it was the part I looked forward to. It was a flawless start to a flawless album. I just didn’t list it higher because it didn’t impact as much within the GP (a crime), although it established that fierce catch phrase. 

9. hold it against me - I'm sorry but as a lead single it is forgettable. 

8. womanizer - I know its her comeback single and everything and the video served some looks but I don't know to me it's not the first song I would ever play or bop to. its not as timeless as the others, for me. if circus was the lead I would rate it higher. 

7. make me - the song was what we as fans wanted and needed and when I first heard it I was soooo impressed, even though I initially balked at the collab with g-eazy I think he did her justice. the video was a f**king travesty. the song is just very sensual and very Britney and I think its underrated amongst fans and the gp. I'm still riding the glory wave. 

6. work ***** - this really encapsulated her 'IT'S BRITNEY *****' attitude, more than hold it against me and womanizer did imo. it was a great confident anthem that matched her legend status. the production was fresh and commanding, I loved the use of the British accent that she was known for with the paparazzi, I feel like it was fun but also soooooo good. the video was also f**king incredible. it's a shame the album wasn't the second blackout cause if it had more tracks similar to work *****, it couldve been the blackout 2.0. 

5. gimme more - yeah its iconic but not for ALL the right reasons. the video, the performance deserved better obviously. I think it was a beautiful moment in time for music history though.  

4. me against the music - I know this is an unpopular opinion but the video is my absolute favourite Britney video and I remember it had a whole pre-show for the premiere on much music.... she looked amazing, the suit, the choreography .... its one of her best music videos for me and the song is a smash.

3. oops I did it again - for all the reasons that have been said.

2. baby one more time - for all the reasons that have been said

1. slave for you - unforgettable, iconic yet still underrated and therefore not as played out as the others, the video was insane, the production is arresting, it is sensual and the choreography is f**king known to all. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived