Rank all 9 of Britney’s lead singles from best to worst

Rank all nine lead singles from best to worst. Here’s mine:

1) BOMT- the original bop, instantly iconic. Defined a generation and changed the course of pop culture upon arrival. Lighting in a bottle moment.

2) OIDIA- iconic, cemented Britney’s status as pop phenomenon and broke the sophomore slump. This song established Britney as a legitimate force to contend with within pop culture. Britney Spears became an international princess of pop. 

3) IAS4U-this song ushered in a more mature sound for Britney. She shed her bubble gum pop image, and her last name, and established herself as Britney, the legend. The one and only. Britney’s imperial reign started with Slave, when Britney mania reached fever pitch. 

4) GM- established the iconic “it’s Britney *****” phrase, and helped usher in a new electronic music sound. It’s become legendary within the fanbase, and personally one of my favorite Britney songs ever. It’s just so catchy!

5) WB- campy and iconic, revitalized Britney’s career within the GP. Over the years, it’s become a cult classic for the gays and helped solidify Britney’s status as a queer icon.

6) WOMANIZER- an ear worm. Ushered in the comeback era, and earned her another number 1 hit single. 

7) MATM

8) HIAM

9) MM

What are yours?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure a thread like this was just made but here’s mine, including the leads from her EP and compiliation albums.

1. Baby One More Time

2. Oops! I Did It Again

3. I’m A Slave 4 U

4. My Prerogative 

5. Hold It Against Me

6. Me Against The Music

7. Womanizer 

8. Work ***** 

9. Someday I Will Understand

10. Make Me

11. Gimme More

12. 3

1. Baby One More Time

2. Oops! I Did It Again

3. Gimme More

4. I’m A Slave 4 U

5. Me Against The Music

6. 3 

7. Womanizer

8.  Hold It Against Me

9. Work *****

10. And Then We KISS

11. My Prerogative 

12. Make Me

I listed mine based on what made sense and what would appeal to the general public as the first song they hear from a new Britney era and not my favorites.

1- BOMT: This song is timeless and will forever be a classic.

2-MATM:Britney's best dance track with Madonna. Biggest females in pop, no words.

3-Womanizer:Second Britney peak wave song. The mood of that song makes song even more special. That feeling is so strong.

4-IS4U:Hot,hot,hot. The debut of rebel Britney. Nothing can touch the epic beat of this song.

5-Gimme More: It's 5th but still one of the best pop songs in the history or songs. Which words are more iconic than intro of this song?

6-OIDIA: Another Britney classic. Cute bop.

7-Work *****:Britney's last recollective song. Theme is energic and strong.

8-Make Me:I want to describe this song in just one word. ****.

Honorable mention: HIAM. Pure pop masterpiece.

1. ...Baby one more time

:checkit:Most Iconic solo female debut, no pop girl comes even close

2. Oops... I did it again

:bedtime:Everyone was saying that she's just one album wonder because the newcomer Christina was hogging all the #1 spots on billboard but our ***** proved she's there to stay.

3. Gimme More

:gtfo:She was the most photographed person in the whole planet and everyone was betting if she's the next princess Diana or member of the 27 club or would she quit her career but instead of it she released one of the most iconic comeback singles ever 

4. Hold it against me

:tbh:I always loved it from the very start, it may be outdated now like most of you say but I still remember the first time I heard the song and the final chorus slayed me so hard.

5. Make Me 

:airpls:Not my favorite from glory but still it was much needed reminder of her real vocals after the BJ fiasco

6. I'm slave 4 u

:ohi:I feel like it was forced attempt of being "grown up" but the song is BOP

7. Womanizer

:jj:Great song but not everyone can be high on the list 

8. Me against the music

:demi:I always kinda hated this song until this year, it has grown on me and It's great song but not great first single

9. Work *****

:liberatedaf:The production is cool, I wish the whole album was more like this but no, this single hyped us up for BJ so the last place belongs to it 

praying for everyone putting Make Me above Slave, you are all WRONG sisterens

1. Gimme More
The impact it had, exactly in the middle of her public breakdown. Almost a middle finger to all media, I love this Britney and what this songs represents.

2. I'm a Slave 4 U

Not for the track itself but for the video and performances, but since they're all so connected and vivid in my head it comes 2nd

3. Womanizer
A great start, great music video, great track

4. ...Baby One More Time

The originality that helped crafting early 2000s Britney sound.

5. Oops! ...I Did It Again

It's basically BOMT redone, but still epic enough to rank high

6. Work *****
No one would think Britney would be able to create a classic so far into her career, but it instantly became one.

7. Me Against The Music
A great track, but considering the two biggest female names alive in the industry at the time, I would expect much more.

8. Hold It Against Me
Basic, lyrically lacking, generic song. Only rank a tad higher because it wass considered innovative by critics.

9. Make Me
Considering Glory is one of her best albums, this is the most basic track on the entire album and doesn't do it justice (as far as representing what was to come)

Archived